ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First proper clean in 4 years!

172 cup
Finally had decent enough weather to try out the products I bought at Christmas: Auto Finesse's Lather; Clay & Glide; Tripple; and Tough Coat.

It's the first time I've cleaned the car properly, it's usually a manual car wash job...

All the products were easy to use, although it took longer than I anticipated!

Anyway, here are some pictures (sorry for the iPhone quality):

Straight after:
1_zps90e5f25a.jpg

2_zps59ac3d48.jpg

3_zps7b06e1db.jpg

After a 40 minute drive:
4_zps0ea59b4c.jpg

5_zpsdab143dc.jpg

6_zps9bb13387.jpg

Then we had some rain... which meant the cup had its first bit of 'beading action':
7_zpsefdd4db7.jpg

8_zpsd14b353c.jpg

Never thought I'd be posting a picture of beading, but I was fairly chuffed!

Thanks for looking

Clio V6
Good, I saw a Cup there today but thought it had silver wheels.

Looks like you got a nice shine out of her :)

172 cup
Yeah, I was quite impressed... although now I've noticed a lot more scratches and chips which I might have to sort out! Never noticed them before, should have kept it a bit dirtier!

Looks like you got some nice results !

How did the clay look after its first time on a car that has prob not had it done before ? Below the door trims etc ?

Can't help but think this should be in Clio Media though ;)

172 cup
It wasn't as bad as I thought... Admittedly, it was more of a trial run testing the products, and my resolve! Didn't even open the petrol flap!

Fair point about clio media though, I'm sure a mod will move it if needs be!

Just for some more 'hits' if you like, worth showing it off considering the treatment it's had compared to previous !

Not cleaning inside the petrol flap though and the cap etc.. Lazy.. Always a good feeling not getting covered in grime at the pumps

172 cup
Not sure about your 'filling technique', but I tend to put the nozzle in without having to touch much else...!

Like I said, it was a trial run lad... I'll do a decent clean next time! You could always run a tutorial... You've got the required OCD!

172 cup
Cheers, and yeah it does... shame it hasn't stayed that clean though! I'm looking forward to the weather picking up and having another crack at it... no missing bits next time!

MK3 Clio DCI 86
You now have the detailing bug, your bank account funds will now decrease at rapid levels :(

172 cup
Ha, I'm already getting that feeling... Hopefully I'll just get one or two extra bits at a time... Hopefully!