ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First run out of the year

Clio 172
With the weather being nice yesterday I decided to give the 172 a good run out. I've done a lot of work on it over the winter refreshing and upgrading the suspension, new wheels, new tyres, RS Tuner map, wheel bearings and more so I thought it was about time to get out there and actually drive it!

I took a nice route from Newcastle up to Hexham on the A69, cut over to Penrith via the Alston/Hartside Road, from Penrith I followed the B5322 to Thirlmere and stopped for a picnic and photos, then continued on through Windermere/Kendal on to the A684 Hawes road and finally a gentle run back up the A1. The car feels great, the AD08's really stick to the road and the 2118's take the potholes without me worrying about buckling a wheel (unlike the previous F1's). Next on my list is a EPAS conversion to tighten up the ageing hydraulic setup and then hopefully a summer full of drives like this, it really is what RS ownership is all about.

IMG_20140309_174417_zpsc895bafc.jpg

IMG_20140309_174339_zpse329d33c.jpg

IMG_20140309_174501_zps968c1562.jpg