ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Service

GTD, Lupo
Not sure if this is the right section.

Ok guys im a little confused as to what to do. So a little advice would be nice.

I have almost had my 200 for a year now and its due it first service in June. Now do i go to renault and get raped £200 odd for a oil change or get a independent garage to carry out the service for example Rentech.

To be honest i would rather go to Rentech over the Renault dealership as i feel they have a passion for cars instead of it just being a job and its cheaper :D. but money isnt the issue.

The issue is will it affect the car in any way shape or form when it come to reselling or warrenty? Will it still be classed as a full renault service history?

So confused!

Gorms

Independent EVERY time. No affect on warranty.

Fred did my first service and will do servicing on it for as long as I own it.

Worth noting first service is just oil and oil filter, I would, and did, replace air filter and pollen filter while at it. Cost me half what Renault quoted!

Albi 200
There's no problem getting it serviced at an independent garage but they have to use genuine Renault parts to keep the warranty intact.

GTD, Lupo
Thanks guys for putting my mind at ease! Think i will be going with an independant garage for this one.

Gorms