ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first test drive of 197 yesterday

hello guys im a noob to this forum
just after abit of advice really, went and test drove a ff 197 yesterday, albi blue, 40k on clock.
looked at all the common faults i have been reading about, seat bolsters, steering wheel, oil leak from cam cover bolts etc etc etc
one fault did pop up and the dealer told me about it nearly straight away, some knocking from near side steering/suspension.
took it on a test drive anyway, was very very impressed i have to say and have now properly set my sights on a 197.
it knocks when goin over bumps and so on in the road but not really a great deal when steering the car. dealer seems to think its a ball joint thats gone, but could this be the other common fault of steering racks going?

Thanks from a noobie
rye.

Careful with the knock, could be a number of things. Both track rods were replaced on mine, cheapish fix of £100ish, but it turned out to be my hub carrier ball joint, which is a whole new assembly, £500ish from memory.

RB 200
Careful with the knock, could be a number of things. Both track rods were replaced on mine, cheapish fix of £100ish, but it turned out to be my hub carrier ball joint, which is a whole new assembly, £500ish from memory.

Blame that german Arse who nearly killed me!

so shall i wait till he thinks hes fixed it and take it on another spin to see? i am looking at some others today sooo maybe something will pop up there
​cheers for that adam

so shall i wait till he thinks hes fixed it and take it on another spin to see? i am looking at some others today sooo maybe something will pop up there
​cheers for that adam

Yeah, wouldn't buy it with the knocking as there's a few things it could be?

Where abouts are you based?