ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First time clayer help

Right I have the car below to give a good cleaning tomorrow. I’m looking at claying it which is fine, its what to do after I’m concerned about.

Do I wash, dry, clay, wax, polish? In that order?

Help appreciated :)

Oak Green VW Golf
DSC00198.JPG

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
:D Oak green is a rare colour on the VW looks great when looked after.

I think you might need to rewash & dry after you clay.

Then you go onto polish, seal, & wax, I'm sure others on here will point you in the right direction.

Tay.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
When i did mine, i washed (don't dry) clayed, polished then waxed.

106 GTi
^ but won't the water drying cause streaks?

If I am claying using soap and water I don't dry the car, then rinse and dry it after claying.

If claying using quick detail spray I dry the car first. Clay and then wipe the panel after with some more qd and wipe with a microfiber.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Wash, then depending on the weather, IE if it's cool and the water is not going to dry up on the paint, then you can strait to the clay, using QD spray (or soap and water mix) as you go along.

Wash again.
Dry.
Polish.
Wax.
Or, if you want to seal, you can do before the wax.

Good luck :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I got through 3/4's of my car last week, I only have the o/s door panel and rear quarter to do on sunday.

I've not SRP'd, EGP'd or waxed yet but it still looks mint. Will the 7 days gap between the 2 processes cause any problems? I'm thinking not.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
I guess as long as you give it a wash & dry before you apply your srp
Len beach it should be all good mate.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Cheers chaps. Sorry to hijack.

Get some shots up once that MK2 is clayed and prep'd.