ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first time claying tips!

Titanium 182
going to clay my car tommorrow if the weather is ok, iv bought some clay lube and a sonus green clay bar

anyone wanna give me some quick tips?!

also should i half the bar? and should i do the whole car or just affected areas?

Hyundai i40
you got the megs clay kit?

i used a full bar but this might be wrong but it was fine for me.

just simply spray the area with the spray then rub the clay over it and wipe the excess off with the cloth.

id do the full car if i were you if it hasnt been done before and seal and polish after

106 GTi
Make sure the clay is soft, warming it up helps. Keep turning and kneading it so you get a fresh side for each pass - pick any big bits of crap that get stuck in it. No need to use loads of pressure gently glide it across the paint.

If you drop it - bin it. One piece should split three ways.

Do the whole car - After using a bit to do the paint use it on the glass and then the wheels to get your moneys worth.

Titanium 182
well iv just finished!

washed the car
clayed it (took forever due to removing industrial fall out which was a pain!)
washed it again
polished
then waxed it with instawax

was getting dark as i finished so no pics! starting to rain now too!

Titanium 182
Rich- nearly all of the fallout came off, only when polishing the car did i notice tiny bits i had missed, i cut the clay bar into 2, towards the end it started to come to bits but i was just about done so i didnt get the 2nd half out.

took me about 3 hours to clay as it required a fair amount of rubbing to remove the fallout, the bonnet and passenger wing were by far the worst areas but there was small amounts around the rest of the car!

other than that the clay didnt look marked at all as the car didnt hardly have any tar etc on it!

after polishing the car then using the instawax the paint looked great! was gonna take some photos in the morning but i have firework powder all over the car now some how!