ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First world problems - wifi booster

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Right, can you recommend me a wifi booster that'll extend my little boxes range to the garden and bathroom (its just the iPhone that has a problem in the bathroom, not the ipad).

Refer to the highly detailed drawing of my house

655cb78598dc3918034c50f78575fe6f_zpsa67c9faa.jpg

I'd at least like it to reach the table, but if it can reach the bench (where i could sit) then alls good... But it's not a priority

thank you

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
A simple cheap trick is to get a metal coat hanger, and wrap it round your routers "antenna".

Could try that.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Always find this odd, my house is proper old, solid thick walls, router is just stuck under the stairs, yet i get signal eveywhere, even end of the drive, a good 50 metres away.

Plenty of wifi range extenders out there, or just buy a decent router?

I also have the same problem with my iphone not been able to pick up the wifi signal at the other end of the house. I asked an IT geek at work and he told me that the default range on routers is only 50%. Should be able to increase the range to 100% on your router settings

Always find this odd, my house is proper old, solid thick walls, router is just stuck under the stairs, yet i get signal eveywhere, even end of the drive, a good 50 metres away.

Ditto mate, in my bedroom it barely loads and in the bathroom I got to lean my arm out then it will go from 1 bar to 3 lol, yet my mate accross the road can use my internet. I need a decent router

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Can I swap the one orange provided me with? (Yes, orange)

I also have the same problem with my iphone not been able to pick up the wifi signal at the other end of the house. I asked an IT geek at work and he told me that the default range on routers is only 50%. Should be able to increase the range to 100% on your router settings

​Cheers! I'll give that a try

Thats the second time ive laughed in the space of a minute on here, flol at the drawing

:dapprove: I thought it was a very helpful drawing indicating where my box was, and where I wanted Internet :(

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Couldnt find a range setting, but I've changed the channel to auto, it seems to have sorted it

A.N. Other
If you can use a spare wireless router, use that and a pair of powerline adaptors.
Disable DNS on the 2nd router, connect it to the main router using the powerlines. Then use it to broadcast a 2nd network (your choice to use same SSID network name or a different one) at the back of the house.
It's what we do and works well, probably better than a repeater infact.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I seem to have solved this problem...

i moved the router from where it was in the drawing to the breakfast bar. About a foot away.

now the wifi reaches to the table outside and the shed at the bottom of the garden! It's about 15-20 feet from the 'more grass' section of the drawing. Weird