ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitted longer wheel bolts

b/g 182, meg tourer
i had been waiting to run 12mm spacers on the rear and 6mm in the front but had been struggling to find longer bolts the correct size. in the end i found some from pri racing. m12 x 1.5, 60 degree, 30mm thread for the front and m12 x 1.5, 60 degree, 35mm thread for the rear. only problem was that they were 17mm hex instead of 19mm.

so i bought this :) extendable wheel wrench, 19/17mm adaptable. it was £8 delivered off ebay. bargain.

DSC01422.gif

here is the difference in thread length on the bolts.

DSC01419.gif

and on the car :) wonder how long they will stay that clean. lol.

DSC01420.gif

didn't feel the need to spend lots on longer locking bolts, there is still enough thread in there but it was just safer to invest in some longer bolts.

here is how it sits at the moment on sportlines and 12mm rear spacers and 6mm front spacers.

DSC01354.gif

DSC01352.gif

ValverInBits
that is really well spaced. Really well done.

edit: where did you get the spacers and are they hubcentric?

b/g 182, meg tourer
that is really well spaced. Really well done.

edit: where did you get the spacers and are they hubcentric?

thanks.
nope, did it a cheaper way. they are cheap universal alloy wheel spacers, might drill some more holes in them to make them lighter (batman style) ;)

PH1 172 Sport
Do non hubcentrics cause balance problems as some people on here say to get hubcentrics and others dont? I'm tempted to get some 5mm ones for mine so Ive got the same offset as the cup.

b/g 182, meg tourer
if you go 5mm you will not have any issues with balance. the wheel will still sit on the hub centre. when you go to 10mm the wheel does not quite sit on the hub centre.
i have no issues with it tho. just need to make sure the wheel is nice and central and you do the wheel bolts up evenly. it pulls itself to the centre. cant really go wrong imo.

i would never run spacers without the hub centre as it then relys on the wheel bolts only..something it was never designed to do...