ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitted my de-cat

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
What a day, started at like 11am, and didn't finish till 2:15 !!! my back n shoulders are full of scrapes from sliding back and forth under car, i need one of them trolleys with wheels.
noticed that my manifold - cat joint was quite loose, so that was probably making my blueflame exhaust noisy. anyways, finally fitted my De-cat on to the blue flame, it is sounding so much better, and also quieter, now the bolts are all nice and tight. it is sounding so much throatier and more poweful. havn't had a change to trash it around yet, as my new brakes (brembo) aren't worn in enough yet, takes ages to stop still, so hopefully in a weeks time the brakes will be working to the max, and i can drive the way it was ment to be driven. I did what i read on the other posts and didnt' connect the second emmision sensor, ftted it but left it unclipped in a plastic glove. no warning lights on dash :)

the 2 miles i have driven today, makes the car feel great, feels like a new car. highly recommend getting them, avoid fitting it yourself though. ohh i didnt' have any help, so thats probably why it took me so long, but it was well worth it. not looking foward to my back aching tomorrow though :(

Tomorrow, will ty and fit the blue instument pannel led's :eek:

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Coolness, i love my decat but i left my lameda sensor in, maybe cos mine's a 182??? No light in over 10 months and 35k miles. Sweet!

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
had another drive, got a bit of knocking from the exhaust, so just need to align the back box better tomorrow. as the old cat was slight different direction. but it sounds much quieter that before, so the manifold-cat connection must have been too loose before and making the blue flame noisier.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i need someone to fit mine

would have been easier if i drove it up on the car ramps, but cost of the front splitter and it being a cup its too low for my ramps, plus dont' like driving on them without guidance :eek:

The tricky part is undoing the maniold - cat bolts, had to take the air manifold thing off engine, and i put lots of socket extensions and bend thing on the rachet, and wedged it in place, as if someone was holding it, then undid the bolts from underneath.
also the sensors are quite hard to unbolt, strange size and not much room for a spanner.

so i was stuck with just a trolley jack and some stands. :cool:

I did what i read on the other posts and didnt' connect the second emmision sensor, ftted it but left it unclipped in a plastic glove. no warning lights on dash
Thats the way to do it no warning light on 172 if you don't connect the second sensor
Coolness, i love my decat but i left my lameda sensor in, maybe cos mine's a 182??? No light in over 10 months and 35k miles. Sweet!
The light will come on in time. However if you disconnect them it comes on imedisaatly on the 182 due to the way they are programmed.

182 CLIO SPORT

I'm the same as you bud. fitted mine and the lameda sensor and i've had noprob at all. 3/4 months now.:D

Clio 172 mk2
My engine management came on after quite a long time...still passes mot and drives fine, just annoying having it on all the time.

Does anyone know how to clear the fault/get the light to go off without causing running issues with the car?

My engine management came on after quite a long time...still passes mot and drives fine, just annoying having it on all the time.

Does anyone know how to clear the fault/get the light to go off without causing running issues with the car?
Get the fault cleared from a computer and unplug the second sesnor.

The fix is quite simple realy 16V_jon made it up just supply the lambeda sesnor wiring with a variable voltage mimicing the car having a cat there.