ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted my Recaro Trendlines

M3 SMG
So decided i had had enough of sitting "on" my Clio and would prefer to sit "in" it instead. Also tired of back pain feeling like i was sat in a childs play school seat, i went and spunked some cash on these:

Recaro Trendlines:
OEM as used in the Clio Trophy
P7130465.jpg

P7130466.jpg

P7130468.jpg

So out with the old:

trophy010.jpg

And in with the new:

P8170559.jpg

P8170560.jpg

P8170564.jpg

P8170563.jpg

P8170562.jpg

P8170561.jpg

Interior is filthy and i need new mats, sorry for pic quality was on my point and shoot digi cam!

Oh and the outside for those that don't know:

P2130265.jpg

Comments welcome

:wave:

M3 SMG
P.S 100% Improvement, seats are a tad firmer but so much more supportive and the car appears to handle better as the body roll is reduced (well, you THINK it has because your not roling around inside hehe)

Stupid money though and fitting was a pig, resistor mod was pap and now airbag light is on, need to re solder them i think

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nice!

Although there's very little difference in actual seating height, it certainly feels better.

BMW F21 125d
Lovely. PM me if/when you sell them :)
Expensive option aren't they brand new with new subframes / pre-tensioners?

White ds3
i payed £800 for mine was enough for me. i personally thawt that they are over rated by cs members very nice seats imo but dont change seating position much. liquid yelo is p**n cant wait for mine :approve:

M3 SMG
It's low enough for me tbh, you never can get that proper driving position in a small hatch your always going to feel a tad high. I think they are far better though and you also don't have to reach as far forth gearlever I found and the under knee support is something I have missed as I had it on the M3 and the old Gsi

Thanks for the comments, I doubt I will ever remove them from the car so I will have a set of standard seats for sale soon

LY R26
looks awesome, loved the look of mine really smartens the interior up, glad the meg has them as std as i bet they wernt cheap brand new!

why was fitting a nightmare?

Iceberg 172
God I need some of these in my life! It's the one last thing I desperately want to do to mine!

Although I am considering some DC5 Recaro's on some custom subframes to get them really low.

Evo 8 MR
Very good seats, when I'm not kicking it's head in I twist it back to get a better driving position.

When your in the bolt upright position it is a little high but for a daily driver these are the best seats.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My friend gets discount when ordering direct from recaro, and including a supposed 40% discount the price was £1050 inc subframes for the clio!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
New seats make the car so much nicer, standard renault seats are shite.

They certainly look the part, but in reality they're not much better then the standard chairs.

Should have got the SportsterCS if you wanted reclining
sportsterCS.jpg

M3 SMG
Wanted to keep the car OEM, the ones you posted fubar are from the R27 etc, so would have not looked right and they are FAR better than standard?! Bizare comment.

£1600 odd for the seats including everything, silly money.

Fitting was hard because the resistor mod was poop. The ones capital seating reccomend are to large basicly. BEtter off soldering than crimping.