ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted solid dogbone mount, EML comes on after car is left idling for 10 minutes?!

Hello, thought I'd as the question here quick! I have a 182 and fitted a solid dogbone mount last night. It ticks all the right boxes, vibrates quite a lot when pulling away (as expected).

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]But here is my issue, I was parked up tonight and left my car to idle for around 10 minutes, I then noticed my EML was flashing! So plugged the obd reader in and got a "multiple cylinder misfire" code pop up. I cleared it and then it appeared again 5 minutes later after leaving it on idle I cleared it once again. Drove about 5 miles, drives like normal.. EML didn't come on.[/FONT]

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Just wondered if its a coincidence or not? Only ever felt a slight misfire when the car is cold on initial pull away up to third gear. Also it idles smooth as its got the rs tuner map, but vibrates quite a bit due to the dogbone.
[/FONT]
I know the dogbone wont directly cause the EML to turn on but it made me wonder if the vibrations have caused an issue!
[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]
Anyone have ideas on this?

Thanks
[/FONT]

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Re: Fitted solid dogbone mount, EML comes on after car is left idling for 10 minutes?

By the sounds of things your misfire has already been present in the past, which means the fault was already with you, just that on this occasion it was more severe.
its just a coincidence im sure, unless you really have a sensor issue and the extra vibrations are just highlighting that fact.

you need to work out what's causing your multiple cylinder misfire, it could be something as simple as leads or coil pack breaking down.

Re: Fitted solid dogbone mount, EML comes on after car is left idling for 10 minutes?

Hi Kelv, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
I would have thought it is just a coincidence, otherwise I would be the first to get such an issue from a solid dogbone mount.
Hopefully something simple!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

Usually an injector

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d

Agree with what Mick said