ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitted sports grill and quick clean

1.2 Dynamique billabong
with the nice weather i thought i should give my car a quick clean as it was filthy, i havent cleaned it since buying it in November. i also fitted my renault sport grill.

the filth
6-4.jpg

4-6.jpg

5-5.jpg

cleaned
3-7.jpg

9-3.jpg

8-2.jpg

7-5.jpg

1-8.jpg

2-7.jpg

could do with tar removing some spots, was only a quick clean, but much better than it was.

my car needs lowering asap. cant wait for it to go into the body shop for body work to be done :approve:

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i wasnt expecting this to have been dug up as its a few months old now, but seeing as there are a few questions i thought i would reply.

the wheels are kei racing force 10, they werent my first choice but were cheap so worth it, they need a refurb but will look mint once ive done that.
the sports front bumper is going to be fitted to the standard wings as its a much cheaper method requiring less parts to be painted.

leeds_182: your right about it needing lowering, as it happens tomorrow its going in to the garage to get some 50mm lowering springs put on it :)

r8byb: your right i did used to have a saxo, the one pictured below but after 4 years of owning it i sold it on for only £200 less than i bought it for :), i loved it but it was getting a little old and the mileage was starting to creep up, if i hadnt of sold it to its current owner i wouldnt have got nearly as much for it.

2s.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
was probably the new owner buddy... anthony, i sold the saxo in october, but then he wrote it off 6 weeks later :( he is getting it repaired though

Clio Dynamique
looking forward to see what it looks like lowered, what did you go for in the end? coilies? springs? and what drop.. keep us posted.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
woop woop today i got the car lowered on some 50mm lowering springs, it looks so much better and the handling is awesome, i was a little worried the ride would be hard but its not its better than standard and lower. i left the 182 rear bumper on so i could talk to the guy about welding for the exhaust (as im building a part 172/182 rep) - im still in two minds to do the exhaust or just smooth in the cut outs as its will work out about £150 if i use my standard backbox and weld the parts on, equally it would save me money in the bodyshop.

i stuck the stock alloys back on as i had to have 2 new tyres put on the kei wheels, so it ment i could drop them in seperately, plus i was worried it may rub and that i would be able to drive home from the garage.
soz about the pics the weather was crap, and the car is filthy as the garage was out in the country down dirt tracks

before:
start.jpg

after:
2-10.jpg

3-10.jpg

4-7.jpg

5-6.jpg

1-11.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
thanks buddy, just gotta get cracking with the rest of the car now, hopefully it should be going into the body shop in the next couple of weeks

LY R26
Nice Jim mate,
when its fitted with the grille/lowered/sports bumpers she is gonna rock and be just as sexy as your Saxo ;)

Combo
looks great mate, any trouble with rubbing or speed bumps lowering it 50? i seriously want to do mine but i live where there are loads of speed bumps and potholes down my lane!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
not that i discovered on the way back from the garage driving with 15's mate, handled great and it feels much better sitting lower to the ground

1.2 Dynamique billabong
definately do it mate you dont realise how high the standard ride height is. its not that expensive either as i picked up the springs for 45 and lowering was 75 +vat

BG 182
was probably the new owner buddy... anthony, i sold the saxo in october, but then he wrote it off 6 weeks later :( he is getting it repaired though

Jim have you got a brother called alex? red saxo very nicely modified aswell.. I remember you from saxperience..

Nice clio too btw ;)