ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitted sub and amp, now no radio or clock!

clio 182 'full fat'
had an aftermarket radio in for a while now bt ecided to fit a sub and amp yesterday. all was fine untill today.
everything worked fine except my clock and radio kept resetting itself everytime i turned ignition off (battery is fine and trip not reset).
then later on this afternoon get into my car and nothing.
clock display blank and cd player/radio is completely lifeless!
yes ive checked the fuse.
any ideas of what to check? wires all seem connected on back of headunit
im:dead:

clio 182 'full fat'
thanks for the reply, been out there this morning, had everything to bits and checked all connectors, its tight behind headunit with all wires and im thinking maybe a wire myt have been trapped and shorting on something maybe, anyway tidied all wires and refitted head unit, cleaned up earths etc, found a fuse blown. seemed to be for interior lights :S
anyway works fine now and clock display back on and keeping it memory. bit of a strange one just hope it stays working!

BMW M135i
First thing you should do when working on a cars electrics like this is disconnect the battery. Saves all that sort of crap and the potential for damaging something expensive.

clio 182 'full fat'
when i fitted amp battery was dissconnected, and i made sure the power lead went on before the earth on amp not to blow the fuse.
anyone know what the noise is behind the dash when youve had battery off and reconnect and put ignition on for 1st time, makes a loud clicking/motor noise for approx 5 secs