ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted the Brembos

I painted them myself, as you probably know if you scrimp on prep you get a poor finish.

Only thing i did on the caliper its self was remove the shims and re straighten them and clean up underneath where they sit.

This has helped with the squeeling slightly. I was pretty lucky to get low mileage calipers so the seals etc was in good condition. There is a full rebuild kit on ebay for around £50ish and they shouldnt be too hard to strip and rebuild.

Just be careful with the bleed nipples as they normaly seize and shear off when undoing them.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Ah fair enough, mine are just degreasing now, but looks like most of the rubbers perished and the metal brake lines got a hole in it gonna be a rebuild job me thinks.

Standard brake lines can be used yes but they are at full stretch when jacked up and nearly rub the front shock when on full lock, so 400mm lines with a 45 degree bend/banjo at the caliper end is needed.

at the moment i have standard 172/182 hoses fitted but will be changed when the weather picks up