ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitted the jms induction kit this afternoon...

Clio 182
Slap your original box back on and remove the top inlet feed, I found that more responsive and it will make a sound when you push the pedal down hard in third - however i do like the gentle rumble sound from the jms box

Dont really wanna be putting the original box back on considering ive just spent roughly 160 quid on the jms set up! That might be what happens in the end but thats 160 down the drain then! There must be some benefit it can offer me - torque and response is what im looking for.

Ross, we have seen the potential for the kit over the standard air box via the difference in pressure drop within the intake manifold the two provide, not just the performance graphs.

In layman terms - when you are at WOT (wide open throttle) inside the plenum (The part with RenaultSport written on it) should be as close to atmospheric air pressure as possible (101.325 kPa aprox). The V6 unit delivers a significantly smaller difference in pressure than the standard air box - thus providing the foundations for an effective map / other modifications.

It was on this basis we choose to make the unit avaliable providing all the parts needed to fit it to the car in a single affordable package.

I strongly suggest you get the car mapped with the RStuner unit you have already mentioned to me earlier in the week. Then try the standard airbox & V6 kit and let me know what you think.

Another issue with a kit of this nature as Da touched upon is its ability to iron out the fabled '5k kick'. It may lift the RPM output prior to it by as little as a few BHP/Lbs/ft - but as a result the 'kick' does not have the same impact when the car is driven - and ultimately the car does not feel faster / more powerful.

I hope that makes sense, if you want to problem solve further drop me a call on Tuesday.

Da

Less
What other mods do you have mate? And was this with a caf?

At the time of the RR, I had JMS/V6 induction, no CAF, acoustic valve removed, Schrick CAMS, a Yozza exhaust and live mapping by RS Tuning.

Not cheap for 182bhp! ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ross, we have seen the potential for the kit over the standard air box via the difference in pressure drop within the intake manifold the two provide, not just the performance graphs.

In layman terms - when you are at WOT (wide open throttle) inside the plenum (The part with RenaultSport written on it) should be as close to atmospheric air pressure as possible (101.325 kPa aprox). The V6 unit delivers a significantly smaller difference in pressure than the standard air box - thus providing the foundations for an effective map / other modifications.

It was on this basis we choose to make the unit avaliable providing all the parts needed to fit it to the car in a single affordable package.

I strongly suggest you get the car mapped with the RStuner unit you have already mentioned to me earlier in the week. Then try the standard airbox & V6 kit and let me know what you think.

Another issue with a kit of this nature as Da touched upon is its ability to iron out the fabled '5k kick'. It may lift the RPM output prior to it by as little as a few BHP/Lbs/ft - but as a result the 'kick' does not have the same impact when the car is driven - and ultimately the car does not feel faster / more powerful.

I hope that makes sense, if you want to problem solve further drop me a call on Tuesday.

Is this is the case, why did RS not use the V6 airbox then? I think you're argument is based more on sales logic rather than pratical application.

Renaultsport Clio 172
At the time of the RR, I had JMS/V6 induction, no CAF, acoustic valve removed, Schrick CAMS, a Yozza exhaust and live mapping by RS Tuning.

Not cheap for 182bhp! ;)

Mate, isn't that too low for all the work done? this confuses me as schricks are rated as one of the bests to be had on the clio. There are cars that do that power without metal in them, and the benefit the box did is practically none, very off from the numbers from Tom's charts; and yours and Tom´s come from similar dynos (same brand - Dyno Dynamics)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
182bhp on his rollers maybe 192 on yours......How it goes vs another car is a true measurement.

Da

Less
Mate, isn't that too low for all the work done? this confuses me as schricks are rated as one of the bests to be had on the clio. There are cars that do that power without metal in them, and the benefit the box did is practically none, very off as the numbers from Tom and yours come from similar dynos (same brand)

I agree completely, it is very low. Unfortunately I didn't have the car RR'd before fitting the CAMS so I have no idea what it was making prior.

The Schricks are reputed to add 10-15bhp so that would mean mine being around the 165 mark standard. I've seen standard 182's pulling mid 160's on the same rollers.

Who knows!

Renaultsport Clio 172
182bhp on his rollers maybe 192 on yours......How it goes vs another car is a true measurement.

Totally agree, but I assume those numbers come from Paul's dyno, and I remember other clios that on those rollers have done that much power without cams, I know car's can't be compared among them, but it is still to be thought.

And believe me, I am in the same place, my car with cams did 3hp's more than a less modded 172, however, it is faster on the road..

And back to subject, I am waiting for my V6 box, hope it doesn't loose me anything, sure will sound better though =D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Totally agree, but I assume those numbers come from Paul's dyno, and I remember other clios that on those rollers have done that much power without cams, I know car's can't be compared among them, but it is still to be thought.

And believe me, I am in the same place, my car with cams did 3hp's more than a less modded 172, however, it is faster on the road..

My view on cams is that they arn't worth it...Power throughout the rev range is what i wanted not 6k plus. I never went down that route and mine was 192.6bhp without cams..>Again RR was consistent throughout, another RR said it was 186...So...Depends what you beleive. Although for pub talk i mentioned the 192 figure! ;)

Da

Less
Mine was 191.2bhp at Trax last year, lol! ;)

Regardless of peak bhp, my car was far more agressive to drive on the road than a standard 172/182.

Anyway, back to the JMS kit, sorry for the mini-hijack :rasp:

RSC 182 Cup
Had the car on a dyno today. Here are the results. Mods are fastchips latest performance cal, and JMS road induction kit with original elbow as my package was missing breather filter.

RSC_Dyno_web.jpg

The dyno operator was very impressed with Henks map.

cheers

Simon