ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted xenons!

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
Haha, well i don't know anyboy called Tom that works at Meir with a FF 182 so......what do you make of my lights dude?

WR1 impreza
lol looks good fella. Was just thinking you need washers tho sooo how bout a swop???

My washers for your recaros plus a tenner your way????

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
This is how my xenons look on the road at night, notice the zig zag beam pattern, is that normal or should it shine a smooth faded out beam from left to right? Dosent look as though its shining up either into the road ahead...more like down onto the road....

300939.jpg

Looks like they deffo need adjusting, they should be lighting the road further than that.

Thats probably why your lupo looks better cos they were already fitted to the car. :)

I'll get a pic like yours tonight and post it up.

And who the f**k is driving the spaceship in front

Iceberg 172 Cup
I heard the washers leak....can be bothered with that.

As for the number plate...i like it :rasp:
IIRC, if you dont put washers on. your car wont pass an MOT?

HID's by law require it dont they? or am i tlkn outa my ass? I'm sure someone, once upon a time told me this!!!

I heard the washers leak....can be bothered with that.

As for the number plate...i like it :rasp:

HID's by law require it dont they? or am i tlkn outa my ass? I'm sure someone, once upon a time told me this!!!

Your right, under normal circumastances xenons will not pass MOT without washers. As already mentioned this will not be an isssu where i go ;)

I have managed to sort them out now, just needed to adjust the white allen key adjustment on the back, they now light up the road perfectly and have that crisp blue/white beam pattern. very impressed and thanks to whoever it was that advised me to do this :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Your right, under normal circumastances xenons will not pass MOT without washers. As already mentioned this will not be an isssu where i go ;)

I have managed to sort them out now, just needed to adjust the white allen key adjustment on the back, they now light up the road perfectly and have that crisp blue/white beam pattern. very impressed and thanks to whoever it was that advised me to do this :D

Nay worry ;)

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo

I know it's abit late and i do apologise for not coming round i went to meet a lady friend. :D

i took that last night.

Attachments

• DSCF1125.jpg
    DSCF1125.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 30
^^^ Thanks buddy, thats just how ive got mine looking now, i would have been a bit worried if i hadnt as that picture looks miles better than my before picture!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Xenons are overrated on the Clios. I had a 172 Cup and much prefered them to the Xenon'd 182 that replaced it (cup-packed).They look pretty, but in reality, a set of uprated Halogens H7's in the Cup offer better light output. They can be adjusted iirc by a white allen key type adjuster on each cluster
Glad to see someone else agrees with me, my 182 cup lights (with better bulbs) were better than the 172 xenons.

Presuming 172 xenons are the same as 182 xenons, then my previous cup halogens were no match at all for the xenons, i don't even need to use full beam on dark lanes anymore. This is not a biased opinion because ive upgraded its the truth. Google the light output of xenon lights in comparison to uprated halogens and there is no comarison.

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
^^^ Thanks buddy, thats just how ive got mine looking now, i would have been a bit worried if i hadnt as that picture looks miles better than my before picture!

LOL i'm glad you got it sorted hehehe.

Also i agree with the no full beam thing, the only time i used my full beams is those narrow country lanes with hedges almost all the way along.

Oh and when i was in the yorkshire dales too hahaha. :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Presuming 172 xenons are the same as 182 xenons, then my previous cup halogens were no match at all for the xenons, i don't even need to use full beam on dark lanes anymore. This is not a biased opinion because ive upgraded its the truth. Google the light output of xenon lights in comparison to uprated halogens and there is no comarison.

...... but also google how much the projector defines how good the light output is. Imo on the Clio it scatters too much. This isn't a biased opinion, its the truth ;)

...... but also google how much the projector defines how good the light output is. Imo on the Clio it scatters too much. This isn't a biased opinion, its the truth ;)

I agree but my post was in aimed a Warren who was reffering to his 182 cup lights being better than 1*2 xenons and 182 cup lights don't have projector lenses.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
.... nor does a 172 Cup, which i was refering to. Seriously, imo a set of uprated Bulbs in the 172/182 Cup clusters gives better vision. My 182 Xenons were pretty, but thats it. :)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I've switched from standard mk2 ph1 units, to dual optics (with expensive bulbs) to xenons and there is a noticable improvement from one to the next.

Xenons rock.

.... nor does a 172 Cup, which i was refering to. Seriously, imo a set of uprated Bulbs in the 172/182 Cup clusters gives better vision. My 182 Xenons were pretty, but thats it. :)

Seriously halogen bulbs(uprated of not) are never going to give off as much light as HIDS behind projector lenses IMO, i have owned 4 cars with HIDs and 4 without and most recently upgraded, you only have to look at the before and after pictures....

Why would somebody pay car dealers £400-800 more for upgraded xenon lights on new cars, ie BMW's, Audis.... if they were worse than the standard halogen bulbs?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Because they work better. The Xenons fitted to the Clio on the other hand do not imo.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Because they work better. The Xenons fitted to the Clio on the other hand do not imo.

So, what we are trying to say is, the 172 cup has better brakes and lights? AND goes faster? according to gaz kevs experience!:eek:

200 cup & 106 GTi
What is actually required to fit the xenons?

The lamps & ballasts? Do they just plug into the normal wiring?

I'm presuming with the xenons they only actually apply to dipped beam, so the main beam is unaffected?!