ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting 197 Brembos onto a 182

182 ff
Hi folks, just bought some 197 brembo calipers to fit on my 182, just wondering what else is required to make these fit? Just got standard size discs at the moment. I know a new bracket is required but with Regards to brake lines will my current braided ones be cool?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
No you'll need lines which have the banjo fittings on the end.

Like this

Banjo-bolt.jpg

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Is it not machined to get the pad surface area better seated on the 280mm discs?

Id take the upright, disc, bracket and caliper into wherever you will machine them and take off whatever amount you need to make sure the pads arnt missing the outer edge of the disc. Taking 5mm off a 300mm bracket and the calipers might be okay but wouldnt on the brackets I have

182 ff
Callipers were new ?

Cheapest way to buy the discs is to wait for Eurocarparts to have a flash sale, I paid £50 for the pair!

Would love new but cant complain at 160 quid for a perfectly working pair, with pads. ?

Yeah, I'll do that. Even put the part number from euros into Carparts4less, same company, but cheaper, and do discounts like 12 percent etc.
Gsf car parts too are usually good for me.