ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a 182 exhaust

Arctic Blue FF 182
I'v just bought a Miltek exhaust for the 182.
I will hopefully pick it up in the next couple of days and fit it, but i am sure somewhere i read that to remove the original 182 exhaust you had to lower the rear beam or cut the exhaust.
I will hopefully get the car up in the air on the ramps at work tomorrow to have a look, but can anyone confirm this?

Cheers
James

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Is it the original 182 exhaust? Are you planning on keeping the old exhaust?

If not just cut it off.

Arctic Blue FF 182
I believe it's the original 182 exhaust yeah. I would like to keep it as there not cheap to replace and it's not in bad shape. There mild steel originally arn't they? Worse case i spose is i cut it off and weld a flange joint on for future fitting

ur megane r26
just drop the rear beam a little then work the exhaust out if you are planning on keeping the exhaust hole, not too hard only a couple of bolts, just lower it on the trolley jack while the axle stands hole the car up

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
the guy that fitted mine had cut the OE system. a lot easier, took him 1 hour to get the milltek fitted (even less if you remove the time spent to undo the rusted bolts etc)

Golf GTD Mk7
I dropped my rear beam as far as possible, but still needed to remove bumper too. I didn't cut mine though.

330i. E30 Touring.
If you drop the rear beam, you can sometimes twist it out.

Doesn't take five seconds to whip the bumper off too, and that'll make it easy.

Arctic Blue FF 182
Cheers for the pointers guys!

Im guessing just removing the rear bumper doesn't give enough room to take the exhaust out?