ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting a 6 cd changer

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
looking at buying a second hand renault 6 cd changer for the 182.

where is it suppose to be mounted boot or under passengers seat? im guessing mounting holes wont be there if i didnt get it from new?

and what about wiriing?

lots of questions sorry

Goes under the passenger seat in place of the storage tray. I had the wiring coming down from the radio under the carpet into a hole that looked like it was put there for the changer cable.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Would you not be better investing in a head unit with an aux or USB input?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
possibly but a cd changer is only £30 and i wont do digital music so...

whats needed to connect cd player to changer?

You'll need the cable, the cables arguably worth more than the CD changer as a lot of people remove the changer but not the cable as it was difficult to do.

275 Trophy
You won't do digital music? CD's are full of 1's and 0's. Can't get more digital. If you current CD player will play MP3 CDs then you can get 6 discs worth onto one CD, even at 320 kbps. Tell me you can tell the difference between 1440 kbps CD quality and 320 kbps MP3s in a (very) noisey car, and I'll show you somebody with the worlds best hearing and / or car stereo.