ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting a big'ish buggy into the 182

BlackGold 182
hi guys i have a little dilemma, i have a little one on the way in a month and when we bought the buggy i had a megane but sold it and got another 182.

since having the 182 i just assumed the buggy would fit in the 182 just about, so thought i best try tonight and it does but its too tight for easy access.

the chassis i have to push through the boot inbetween the headrests and into the rear passenger seats, then the actual body part sits in the boot.

but what im thinking is removing the rear seats bar the single seat so the car seat can go in the car and then fit the buggy in fine.

obviously i would carpet it etc but would it be safe and legal?

any help would be appreciated

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Buy a smaller buggy.

We had a big buggy for about 2 weeks and then realised its s**t. You can't put it in the boot, you can't fit up the aisle of a supermarket, it gets in the way on the pavement....

Practical parent > Fashionable parent.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Would it not be easier to stand it on its side upright and just take the parcel shelf out?

I managed to fit our bugaboo in - just.

If not as Daniel says bite bullet and get another one and flog yours on eBay

BlackGold 182
It won't fit in the boot like you say upright lol so the only thing I can try is, instead of wedging it in between the the seats, I can push down the seats and push it in then pull the seat back up but still it's not ideal

Titanium 182
the buggy we had was a bit to big for the boot but luckily the wheels were detatchable and fitted fine with one off !

FF Racing Blue 182
thats where i had to buy a small cheap thing that just fits in if your only using it for going to the shops then it doesnt have to be a big trendy thing but i have a focus where i keep the big 3 in 1 in the boot at all times

another thing to think about is putting a baby seat in the back im a short ass and my boys feet still hit the drivers seat if it was ony the clio i had it would be long gone

BlackGold 182
thats the problem really, the buggy we have cost us £500 so dont want to sell on ebay for not even half when its still brand new.

172/1.2/E30
hi guys i have a little dilemma, i have a little one on the way in a month and when we bought the buggy i had a megane but sold it and got another 182.

since having the 182 i just assumed the buggy would fit in the 182 just about, so thought i best try tonight and it does but its too tight for easy access.

the chassis i have to push through the boot inbetween the headrests and into the rear passenger seats, then the actual body part sits in the boot.

but what im thinking is removing the rear seats bar the single seat so the car seat can go in the car and then fit the buggy in fine.

Do this. I'd use a rear facing baby seat on the passenger seat. Switchable passenger airbag FTW!

pimp mobile Zafira
The buggy must be massive. I used to put a Phil and Teds double in the boot of my 182. As mentioned flig it on eBay and buy a smaller one.

Clio

Do this, i cant see why it wouldn't be legal? as long as you secure the buggy and any other boot contents somehow, obviously if you have a bump you don't want things to be flying all over the car

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! People who haven't dealt with a pregnant woman have never lived!

Ph 1 172
The buggy must be massive. I used to put a Phil and Teds double in the boot of my 182. As mentioned flig it on eBay and buy a smaller one.

+1 I currently hav one in the boot of my car with all the attachments as well and my work gear and a sub and an amp lol how big is the buggy lol

Black 182 FF
How big is the buggy? We bought a Jane travel system one for about £450, reduced from a couple of hundered quid more and I asked and asked again for her to make sure it fit, she didn't and we got lucky as the wheels detach. Had it not been for that then it wouldn't have fit in. Recently when he's moved from just the car seat into the pram thingy it's become a pita allround fitting through the front door of the house, nevermind owt else and she's starting to realise she made the wrong choice and even talked about selling it!

We've also got a cheapo one which is much smaller, cost around a tenth of the price and does the same job (barring the car seat, which we got an excellent one given anyway :/). Practicality > trendy. They're in them for such a short amount of time I'd make sure I got something durable, but not showy next time.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
cheap little one will solve your problem, we have a corsa and obviously the 182 little one coming up to 2 in april, its tight dont get me wrong, we are on our second buggy as just sold the travel system, that was even tighter, and owning a povety spec cup we have no folding seats (at the rear/split) our little one loves her new little buggy :)

even when little one grows up, they will need a pushchair as children wont walk always as they get lazy/tired.

corsa boot a fraction better than clio boot though

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
even when little one grows up, they will need a pushchair as children wont walk always as they get lazy/tired.

Just on that point Milly has never ever been in a buggy. Actually kinda funny but we just never used it for some reason.

She's 4 1/2 now and walks everywhere. I see kids like 6/7/8 in buggies! Probably still getting breastfed ffs!

Anyway the Clio is deceptively big in the boot area!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just on that point Milly has never ever been in a buggy. Actually kinda funny but we just never used it for some reason.

She's 4 1/2 now and walks everywhere. I see kids like 6/7/8 in buggies! Probably still getting breastfed ffs!

Anyway the Clio is deceptively big in the boot area!

Two and a half was/is our cut off point with buggies. Any older than that and they just look wierd in a buggy! lol.

Rb 182
We had a stupid silvercross pram that the wifes mother just had to buy us, top of the range, £600 etc etc.

I had to sell my 172, buy a Mk4 golf just to bring the f**king thing back from the shops.

Mines 2 now and refuses to go in a buggy, so we've got another 172. :)

clio sold :(
Lucky for me im onto a posh stroller and it fits fine even with a big sub in the boot.
My gf did buy a large travel system buggy when we first had our little one and tbf it was a pain in the butt. It was heavy didnt fold down very much and was oddly wide in the end we only used it a few of months. So wasn't to bad just deal with the inconvenience because they grow up a whole lot faster than you think in a few months that awkward buggy will just be a memory