ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a BOOST GAUGE Clio MK3 TCE

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Hi all,

Could anyone tell me exactly where to put the T-Piece on the vacuum line for the boost gauge..

Clio 1.2 TCE... Think i have boost leak, so going to put this gauge in to see if i have.

Thanks Craig

Clio RS 200 Gordini
You should have a vacuum line from your intake manifold to your dump valve or atmos valve, I believe you can t in to that? If yours is mapped you should be hitting 14-18psi on full throttle depending on the gear. Not sure about standard. They are teeny turbos.

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
You should have a vacuum line from your intake manifold to your dump valve or atmos valve, I believe you can t in to that? If yours is mapped you should be hitting 14-18psi on full throttle depending on the gear. Not sure about standard. They are teeny turbos.

Yeah that's what i thought.. so the vacuum line from intake to standard recirc valve.

Its not mapped, yet.... but small turbos indeed, the last one blew up so replaced it with another unit, easy job.

Thanks for your reply.

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
what makes you think its got a boost leak?

The standard recirc valve is very noisy. The power drops right off when going through the rev range.

I have the forge replacement for the standard Bosch on its way to me, fingers crossed will slove it.

Did you have a boost gauge on you Twingo? Or am i thinking of a different person?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
correct person :) na I didn't have one mate, does sound like you have an issue there as they should drive like an n/a as standard where you get loads of benefits from revs.

when mapped its all about the mid range I rarely had my mapped twingos above 4.5k where I was using 5.5-6k when standard

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
correct person :) na I didn't have one mate, does sound like you have an issue there as they should drive like an n/a as standard where you get loads of benefits from revs.

when mapped its all about the mid range I rarely had my mapped twingos above 4.5k where I was using 5.5-6k when standard

Awesome, thought it was you...

So you remember how boost is standard then? I have got a PSI gauge, should be easy to read..

Ah i see, thats whats its all about though. Mid range.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Awesome, thought it was you...

So you remember how boost is standard then? I have got a PSI gauge, should be easy to read..

Ah i see, thats whats its all about though. Mid range.

Just letting you know that changing the valve will do nothing. The power drops off because the turbo is so small. Mine used to hit limp mode at 4.5K RPM because it would run out of air and misfire. Not a good car to modify to be honest. I have a K03s for sale that you can have which I was going to put on the car. Should be good fun but be aware that too much boost through it may lift the head of the engine and you can run it on minimal psi as it's so big. Message me if you're interested.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Yours must have been hitting limp mode as it wasnt mapped properly or with the correct supporting mods.

Its actually a good engine for modifying

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Thanks for the reply's..

All plumbed in correctly.. reading 11psi spike, holding 10psi all day long, after a little email to ktec, 10psi seems bang on.

Remap next month tho..

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Well i have asked Ktec about there in house map, seems fair price, however they did quote me on a flash tool as well, bit more expensive, but saves driving half way across the country to do it..

However my friend lives with the Army that way, so might make it into a mini break..

Any other options? Is it worth going for the 182 injectors as well? I dont want to go mad, got to be reliable..

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I would avoid ktec like the plague for mapping.

they map them on standard injectors, paul at RS Tuning showed me my standard map one on standard injectors hitting 100% duty cycle!! imagine how lean that could run when mapped!! no wonder RSTuning wont tuch them without changing injectors.

you can go down the fastchip route with standard injectors which gives you mega mid range torque but no extra top end power (well not much extra) as he holds it back due to injectors, this makes it drive much better and feel faster while not really being much quicker, just you can use the low down grunt rather than revs. I had this setup on my red GT and it was good but nothing compaired to when I went with 182 injectors and rstuning remap on the TCE Gordini

Clio RS 200 Gordini
I would avoid ktec like the plague for mapping.

they map them on standard injectors, paul at RS Tuning showed me my standard map one on standard injectors hitting 100% duty cycle!! imagine how lean that could run when mapped!! no wonder RSTuning wont tuch them without changing injectors.

you can go down the fastchip route with standard injectors which gives you mega mid range torque but no extra top end power (well not much extra) as he holds it back due to injectors, this makes it drive much better and feel faster while not really being much quicker, just you can use the low down grunt rather than revs. I had this setup on my red GT and it was good but nothing compaired to when I went with 182 injectors and rstuning remap on the TCE Gordini

It was a KTEC map that I had on the car and I was warned multiple times by the people on here not to use them. Shame it took a half blown engine for me to realise how w**k they are at mapping TCE's.

Emblem, I had 172/182 Injectors in the car, yes; they are something you should go for 100%.

But wait, TCE Gordini :S

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Yep they done a gordini with the tce engine in the twingo. Brilliant cars gonna get another once i convince the mrs/sell the dci :(

I'm considering buying a cheap 1.2 to use as a run around that I can get insurance for. I've a feeling driving the 200 back and forth uni every day is going to seriously dent my wallet.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
to be honest mate TCE Twingos may be cheap to run from a servicing/tyres/insurance point of view but fuel consumption isn't brilliant, standard or modified mine mostly done low 30's mpg, although I never really hang about that was mostly using the torque, maby if you drive it off boost it will be better. but they do make a fun runabout if you don't have the need for any more than that mpg wise!

Ive also currently got a 1.2 16v n/a twingo dynamique that my mrs uses for motorway miles to work, 100 miles a day and it does 48mpg, she just sits at 70 the full trip.

my dci on the other hand does 65mpg every day on my commute which is a 10 mile round trip, town driving with a short blast of dual carriageway, that mixed with £20 road tax makes it pretty much free motoring lol I fill it up with diesel every 2nd pay day!

Clio RS 200 Gordini
to be honest mate TCE Twingos may be cheap to run from a servicing/tyres/insurance point of view but fuel consumption isn't brilliant, standard or modified mine mostly done low 30's mpg, although I never really hang about that was mostly using the torque, maby if you drive it off boost it will be better. but they do make a fun runabout if you don't have the need for any more than that mpg wise!

Ive also currently got a 1.2 16v n/a twingo dynamique that my mrs uses for motorway miles to work, 100 miles a day and it does 48mpg, she just sits at 70 the full trip.

my dci on the other hand does 65mpg every day on my commute which is a 10 mile round trip, town driving with a short blast of dual carriageway, that mixed with £20 road tax makes it pretty much free motoring lol I fill it up with diesel every 2nd pay day!

Any idea if its worth buying a dci under 500 quid to use as a crappy run about?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on what your looking for i paod a grand for mine and its worth its weight in gold to me, its rough with 150k miles it never lets me down and i dump it in dodgey places or busy carparks withoit worrying!

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Depends on what your looking for i paod a grand for mine and its worth its weight in gold to me, its rough with 150k miles it never lets me down and i dump it in dodgey places or busy carparks withoit worrying!

Do you find much benefit having another car on the road and not using your 2.0l or is it more expensive in the long term with insurance and stuff.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Do you find much benefit having another car on the road and not using your 2.0l or is it more expensive in the long term with insurance and stuff.

I don't do many miles so the mpg isn't an issue for me, and being 25 with 9yrs ncb insurance isn't an issue for me however my trophy stays in my heated garage and only comes out in the dry, is immaculate and low miles so I could never take it to work with me (im a store manager with a supermarket and you know how bad they carparks can be!) ive also got messy, dirty hobbies so the dci is used as a van half the time lol.

So for me its worth its weight in gold, purely as my other car is a toy, ohh and the Trophy stereo is rubbish so the cabasse 4x40watt with 6 disc changer in the dci makes the trip to work much better!