ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a Mk2 172 decat

Insignia SRi
Has anybody on here had a go at fitting a decat on a MK2 172.

I know they are supposed to be a bit more tricky than on the 182s but is it something that I could do myself??

Ph1
Yourself and a mate yes. Job for 2 folk but with axle stands you should be able to manage it.
Week in bed with a strained back after for the guy working via the top lol

Insignia SRi
Does the cat stretch right up to exhaust manifold? I am assuming its simply a matter of unbolting the cat at both ends and inserting the decat, although the top end im expectiong to be a pain?

needs two ppl but its not as bad as rumoured, just make sure its sunny and not -2 like when me and foxy did mine. 1hr tops

so just luck...bad times for me then! lol :rolleyes:
Is there anything you can do if they do light up?

*sorry to the OP if you think i'm stealing your thread :S

Insignia SRi
No probs, was actually wondering about the light.

Ifyou know somebody with a decent code reader I think you can turn the light off!!!

172 Cup
Currently doing mine now. its half way on I just can't get the second nut to thread onto the bolt, its like they made the bolts 10mm too short! P*ss take.