ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting A Scorpion Catback

Clio 182
Hi, I've recently taken off a ktec backbox and oem midpipe off my clio. They were both in a really bad state so I've decided to go for a Scorpion cat back.

I'll be connecting it straight to the oem cat. Is there anything else I need other than the clamp to fit it to the cat?

Clio 182
Hi, I've recently taken off a ktec backbox and oem midpipe off my clio. They were both in a really bad state so I've decided to go for a Scorpion cat back.

I'll be connecting it straight to the oem cat. Is there anything else I need other than the clamp to fit it to the cat?
Did you find anything about this? I’ve got a scorpion cat back that my mechanic is telling me won’t fit the cat on the car

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Did you find anything about this? I’ve got a scorpion cat back that my mechanic is telling me won’t fit the cat on the car

More information needed to give any helpful advice, ideally some pictures.

I haven't fitted a Scorpion exhaust before, but it looks like they have the right cat connection from standard - i.e. flange connection for 172, or olive? type connection thing for the 182.

So that means something is either non standard with the exhaust you've bought, or your car. Should be pretty easy to identify with pictures of both the Scorpion system you've bought, and the cat on your car.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

I have a full Scorpion cat back system on my Cup and standard fitment to cat. As said above either the joint is wrong on the Cat or vice versa. Got any pictures as can advise straight away what is wrong?

Clio 182
I have a full Scorpion cat back system on my Cup and standard fitment to cat. As said above either the joint is wrong on the Cat or vice versa. Got any pictures as can advise straight away what is wrong?
This is the joint on the end of the non res pipe however I don’t have a photo of the end of the cat sadly! I have this photo of the cat with the old resonated pipe attached. Don’t know if that’s any help
F78F3426-BC58-4D04-A40B-18D23BFD1E9D.jpeg
5ABB42BC-80F1-4D63-A6F1-0178B9A6A81E.jpeg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This is the joint on the end of the non res pipe however I don’t have a photo of the end of the cat sadly! I have this photo of the cat with the old resonated pipe attached. Don’t know if that’s any helpView attachment 1545182View attachment 1545181

Your original cat has been sleeved to remove the olive joint, which is a terrible design and always ends up blowing! The flaired joint welded on the new system needs removing and adjusting to suit.

Most aftermarket systems come with that joint as a removable part as most have done away with the olive joint and aftermarket cats/decats do also. Most custom exhaust places should be able to sort easily. Much better without the olive joint in the long run.

BG 182FF
This is the joint on the end of the non res pipe however I don’t have a photo of the end of the cat sadly! I have this photo of the cat with the old resonated pipe attached. Don’t know if that’s any helpView attachment 1545182View attachment 1545181
Looks like the original cat has had a 2.5 inch pipe welded on to fit inside a milltek centre section.
Even if you cut the olive joint off the scorpion you would then have a 2.5 inch pipe so would just butt together.

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
As @clio tyres has said, this should be pretty easy to make work.

Either your mechanic is hesitant to modify your brand new exhaust, or doesn't really want the work. An exhaust shop should have it sorted straight away.