ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting amp and speakers help

I have an amp, sub and set of 6x9's from my old Clio just sitting in my room so may aswell fit them in the 106. When I fitted it in the Clio I knew all about bridging etc but I've forgot it all.

All I want to do is run the 6x9's and the amp, I can't be bothered with a sub.

The amp is 4 channel, how do I bridge a pair of 6x9's?

I assume I'll only need to use 1 set of RCA cables?

Thanks.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
dont bridge the 6x9's, you wont get stereo from them that way. bridging is for subs only really.

Edit - just noticed you said 4 channel amp, if its a true 4 channel and not just a split 2 channel, then stereo bridging may be a possibility. Keep in mind its not possible with all amps. the best thing to do would be to look int he manual and see what it says...

I really don't want to use the sub.

I actually liked the sound from the 6x9's on their own. I will disconnect the front speakers lol.

So you're basically saying I cant run the 6x9's from the 4 channel amp on their own?

I know it will be 10x better but the front speakers vibrate the fack out of the panels and it makes horrible noises lol.

I'm not ignoring good advice but just for now I'm going to run the 6x9's.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Again, I would suggest looking in the manual to see the avalible bridge setups and if its a true 4 channel amp.

oVdiS.jpg

How do I cable it all? I'll send you a big bag of sweets if you could write me a little guide ;)

Is it 1 pair of RCA cables from HU (which side?) to the input on amp then how do I bridge the 6x9's?

So confusing.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Yes 1 pair of cables form the HU will be fine. if you will be using all 4 channels, you will need a patch lead across the front channel output and the rear channel input. As for the bridging, you will have to look int he manual fo rthe bridge configurations. However, check the rated RMS output of the amp per channel and compare with the rated RMS for the speakers; it might be the case that the unbridge output wattage is suitable for the speakers without bridging.