ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Amp To Standard Cd Player

Clio 1.2 Grande
I am gonna get some sony xplod 6x9s and I was wondering how i could add an amp to my set up. I have standard cd player on it. Its just coz i still want to run the rear speakers.

If this isnt possible to run all standard ones and 6x9's then i guess i need to dsconnect the rear speakers nd jus connect the 6x9s ther.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Clio 1.2 Grande
Just found out...for anyone having same probl as me all you need is RCA cables. They are like £15 off ebay;)

M

mini-valver

Yea but theres no RCA points in the standard head unit! I 'THINK' you have to use speaker wire into the amp and where the rear speakers are pluged into the rear of the head unit. Easier to run them off the headunit or buy a new head unit with RCA points.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The improvement you will achieve by fitting 6x9's isnt worth the cost of the shelf you will destroy in the process.

As far as I am aware, there are no RCA outputs on the standard CD head unit so your cables wont do the job. You can buy line level output convertors if the amp cant deal with high level input.

Clio 1.2 Grande
Its an RCA adapter sorry. Not simply the cables it fits into teh iso thing
and then has the output adapters coming out of it. Then you can add an amp nd 6x9s basically jus gives you same ports as an aftermarket one.

Here is what you need:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Blaupunkt-car...5QQihZ004QQcategoryZ14932QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

With that you can run anything off it;) at least so i am told lol

Ohh yeh would just get a new headunit just quite like the hand control thing for volume etc. This is a blaupunkt part as well and they are a subsidiary of phillips so should work.

2002 Clio Sport 172
I have just (last weekend) fitted 2 amps, a sub and 6x9's in my 172 off the standard head unit as i to wanted to keep the steering wheel control stick and didnt really want to change anything as i like my 172 the way it is :) The speaker wire to rca adaptor (dont know the technical name) is the correct way to go but depending on the sound qulity that you want depends how much you spend on the adaptor and which one you buy i ran the + wire from the battery and heres the CLEVER part..... where can you run the remote (a 2nd + to turn the amps on) wire from? i was going to run it from the ignition wire on the back of the head unit but decided against this as the amps would be on if the key was in the ignition, if u have a disc changer you can run the remote for your amp from the power for the disc changer as this comes from the head unit and turns on with the headunit, its the grey cable from the desc changer plug (in the back of the head unit) just get a mutli meter out and check the volts when off and on u should only get a reading of 11.5 - 12.5 when its on and thats with the car not started, as for the 6x9's DO NOT cut up your parcel shelf they will fit either side of it in the standard speaker spaces in the boot (there are no speakers there) :D now it is a tight fit and you dont want to screw them in :nono: you need to twist them in (i know what ur thinking lol) you push in the 6inch part and twist to get the 9 inch part in then there are 2 holes in the plasic just put 2 cable ties through the screw holes in the 6x9's and the 2 holes in the plastic and as you have twisted them in they are solid the cable ties are just to stop them untwisting :D run the speaker wire from the rear speakers in the door cards (the + is the one closest to the clip for the adaptor, on the passenger side its a grey cable and on the drivers side its not the grey one as thats the -)

And the best bit about all this is you can take it all out and noone would ever have know it was there and if some one looks in the car there are no 6x9's visable in the back parcel shelf and you have not cut up and filled your car with screws :D

One last thing getting the cable through the engine bay is a right pain look at this

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=143341&highlight=Reservoir

Sorry if thats a long post but it needs explaining correctly... I hope this helps mate, any questions PM me... happy to help.

Mark