ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting an Alpine SWE 815 sub, few questions...

Exclusive no. 144
Hi, all...

So, I decided I wanted a wee bit more oomph (without sounding like a chav) so I bought an 8" powered sub for the boot. Gets good reviews, and will be plenty for my needs.

I have an Alpine HU, so gonna use an RCA cable to feed the amp. Since I have a different headunit, I don't use the CD changer under the passenger seat... I was thinking that *maybe* some of those cables connecting the changer to the old head unit could come in handy? Surely one of those is a 12V line? And surely I could connect the remote to switch the amp on to one of those cables and snip the other end off to feed into the HU?

Or am I just dreaming up easy alternatives??

Any help would be most appreciated :)

Thanks!

Clio 182
Can't imagine the cd changer power cable being heavy enough for an amp, wiring kits can be picked up for £20-30, and takes under an hour to run all cables.
You'll b be behind the HU anyway for RCA's so just tap ignition for remote feed and run alongside RCA.

Exclusive no. 144
Is it ok to run the RCA alongside the power? Won't that give some interference?

Think it came with most of the cables, think I just need the RCA and I have a loooong one in the house...

172/B8 Quattro
Unless your running big power you'll get no interference and you will have a remote wire on your hu so no need to tap into your ignition.

Exclusive no. 144
Thanks, guys. So where is the best place to source the 12V from? It's not big power at all- amp is only 100W :)

Exclusive no. 144
I was hoping I wouldn't have to run the cable that far :) No worries though, if that's the best way to do it!