ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting an oversized IK

If you are going to fit an induction kit to a car (my CRX not my Willy), does it matter if you get a larger one than the one designed for the car. I have taken out the airbox and their is a large hole that could take a very large induction kit (nicely away from the engine hidden behind the battery at the fron of the car just behind a hole in the bumper, nice). Was thinking of putting the largest one i could that would fit in the space (an inprezza one or something?). Will this optimise air flow better than a smaller one. I know it doesnt necessarily work like that, but even if its not a huge one, would any size do as long as it was bigger than the minumum size needed for the BHP of the car (i think there is an equation to work out the minimum size). Cheers in advance

A lagrer filter will have no bad effects on ys car mate, but then it wont do anything to the power produced either, why not just flow the STD air box and bung a performance filter in there ?

loads of people put cossie ones on their cars, as they are huge

i think its for the visual presence of it, and as confirmed earlier on not for the extra performance !