ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting boddies...

fitting throttle boddies to my 172 engine and got a quick qustion, the pipe coming from the brake servo into the old plenum, where does it go now, did a search but crnt find anything, found this pic, and its the black pipe thats connected to the blue pipe, but then where does it go to now, many thanks mark
]
IMG_5196.gif

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
it goes to two holes in the manifold behind the bodies. Its to create a vacum

i bought the manifold from jenvey but never noticed any holes, must have not noticed it. cheers matey

you may need to drill it yourself then and fit connectors

is this a job for a professional or possible for me. when you say connector you mean something to seal the pipe to the manifold with no leaks. (air). you got any pics of a manifold where it should go, cheers

ITB'd MK1
Or just get shot of the servo and run unassited with a big master cylinder!

Cheers
M

WTF? that's very practical isn't it :rolleyes:

On the jenvey manifold there is a boss cast into the underside of each inlet. You have to drill and tap for vac fittings. We've tried a couple of different ways of fitting and found that taking vac from 2 ports gives the same pedal feel as standard. We take off from cyl 1 and 2

Yeah, I'd say it was.

Packaging benefits, improved brake pedal feel, doesn't harm flow through the manifold by having two drillings in the floor of it and if properly designed theres no real increase in pedal effort either - would need to beef up certain bits of the linkage though.

Proper double master cyl setup with a proper bias bar would be pleasing! Could get the rear brakes to actualy do something then!

Out of interest Danny do you find that halving the vacuum to the servo works okay on Cups/none ABS cars where rapid brake applications might be required e.g cadence braking.

Cheers
M

Last edited:
I know, I've seen the pics ;-)

Crank driven vacuum pump FTW in that situation I think Fred!

Or we just nick the rear end control from something expensive and get your Vee running Moogs for actuation - still need to provide a pump for the hydraulics though and needing a team of 6 guys to start the Vee might get a bit tiring after a while ;-)

Cheers
M

Lionel Richie
haha, i'm actually slightly mortified at where the holes for the vac lines have been drilled on mine, shouldn't be too much of a problem as the fuel injectors are now about 6inches higher than stock, so a bit of turbulence is a good thing!

E39 M5 & Corsa track
Yeah, I'd say it was.

Packaging benefits, improved brake pedal feel, doesn't harm flow through the manifold by having two drillings in the floor of it and if properly designed theres no real increase in pedal effort either - would need to beef up certain bits of the linkage though.

Proper double master cyl setup with a proper bias bar would be pleasing! Could get the rear brakes to actualy do something then!

Out of interest Danny do you find that halving the vacuum to the servo works okay on Cups/none ABS cars where rapid brake applications might be required e.g cadence braking.

Cheers
M

running with no servo on a road car is good, beefs up you leg muscles i like the feel of it on my track car however on the road i prefer a servo.

fitting throttle boddies to my 172 engine and got a quick qustion, the pipe coming from the brake servo into the old plenum, where does it go now, did a search but crnt find anything, found this pic, and its the black pipe thats connected to the blue pipe, but then where does it go to now, many thanks mark
]
IMG_5196.gif

Sorry to gatecrash a bit here opn your thread mate.

Where does the airfeed come from for these Itb's ?
Or is the air in the engine bay cold and suitable enough ?

As the radiators right on front of them :S

On the jenvey manifold there is a boss cast into the underside of each inlet. You have to drill and tap for vac fittings. We've tried a couple of different ways of fitting and found that taking vac from 2 ports gives the same pedal feel as standard. We take off from cyl 1 and 2

Thats great mate. Cheers, i noticed the four boss's in the cast on the underside so thought that would be best. Any idea on where i could get a fitting to go into it for the pipe. Many thanks mark!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
to run decent size trumbets you need to take out the slam panel, also alot of air goes through the engine bay anywayalot more than people think

raw striker
Yeah, I'd say it was.

Cheers

M

i think you have misunderstood danny's use of the word 'practical'. i think he means practical as in 75% of these kits get fitted to road cars that do the occasional track day and are not full race cars. also very few people want the hassle of fitting bias pedal boxes and different master cylinders when they can just plug into £12 worth of connectors and hook up the standard vacuum pipe. its all relative to the useage of the car.

raw striker
anywhere do these connectors to tap into the bottom of the manifold??

rs components. they do some 1/8th bsp - 10mm push ins. you will need 1 90deg, 1 t piece, and one straight connector. there around £3-4 each

then you will need to buy an 1/8th bsp tap as well of course, try j&l industrial tools for that if you have nowhere local

Exotica/MK1 Astra
you can just take one tapping from between two ports nad drill into that from inside the two inlet tracts in the manifold, less piping that way and the same pedal feel. Going balance bar route is excessive for a road car really.
Another option for vac take off is to run an alternator with an intergal vac pump, normally need an oil feed though but it's a tidy solution that easy to maintain.