ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting CAF to lower grill.

RB 182
How does the CAF fit into the lower grill of a 182. Had a look on old topics which show if fitted from the front but wanted to know how it secures to car. does the piping run straight up on the 182 aswell or is there a specific way to do this to.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Most feed it down the wheel arch and up into the lower grill. This is a fiddle job and if its foil CAF u want to use it will be ripped to bits. Most remove the acoustic valve to make it easier

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Remove all Std Feeds Inc. acoustic Valve, Need to remove your wheel arch liner to do this, Then I just removed a Black Sheet of Black Plastic that was blocking access to the lower grill, Job Done, Room is tight tho behing the grill :( I struggled for a while and mine still isn't perfect

black gold 182
if you just fit the CAF bit and not the hosing - purely for aesthetics of course - would it look ok, or would you be able to see it doesnt go anywhere?

RB 182
it will have the hosing fitted to but not sure how the caf is secured to the grill to stop it falling out. how long does the hosing need to be as i havent got this yet and dont want it to be too short

"Navy" N17 TWO
it will have the hosing fitted to but not sure how the caf is secured to the grill to stop it falling out. how long does the hosing need to be as i havent got this yet and dont want it to be too short

+1
I need to know this too, asap preferably :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I removed my fog light as it was all cracked, used a 3" sub box port that fits nicely into the surround, removed the acoustic valve and I've now got a nice, simple and direct CAF straight up onto my V6 airbox

Clio MK 4
I've run mine down to the bottom of the car where there is a hole which allows lot of cold air to be drwan in. Advantage is there are no bends apart from the top where as if you go to the grill you got to bend it at the top and bottom round the wheel arch and up to the grill.