ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Cobra subframe and Cobra Daytonas

MON

titty cup'd 182
With the help of Ollie82. I (we) fitted the above to my car. The seats were base mounted (as opposed to side mounted) and the subframes were the normal (not x-low) cobra items.

The seats were 2nd hand and as I could not find any definitive thread on what hardware was needed to fit them I thought I would list what I used for future search purposes:

The runners were already attached to the subframe, but I decided to replace the nuts present with Nyloc nuts for security so 8 x M8 High Tensile Nyloc nuts were needed (4 per seat), a 13mm Spanner/socket is needed to secure them.

Attaching runners to seats: 8 x M8x20 High Tensile (12.9) allen head cap bolts (4 per seat). A 6mm hex/allen key is needed to secure them.

Subframe to car: 8 x M8x50 High Tensile (12.9) allen head cap bolts (4 per seat), with 8 x M8 High Tensile penny washers between the bolt head and subframe (4 per seat). We used the existing OE renault top hat nuts to secure them and 8 x M8 HT Nyloc nuts as well for extra security.

Seatbelt pretensioners to subframe: 2 x M10x30 HT Hex head bolts and 2 x M10 HT Nyloc nuts (1 per seat). A 17mm spanner AND socket are needed to secure them.

So if you have no hardware, you will need a minimum of:

8 x M8x20 HT Allen head cap bolts
8 x M8x50 HT Allen head cap bolts
8 x M8 HT penny washers
2 x M10x30 HT Hex head bolt
2 x M10 HT Nyloc Nuts

The 16 x M8 HT Nyloc nuts I used are optional.

Marc.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Nice little write up, should be made a sticky as this is a very common question asked.