ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting coilovers south in yorkshire ;)

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
as the title says I hope to do this at some time this week. Does anyone in the area have experience in doing this? might be a pint or 2 in it for you ;) cheers

as the title says I hope to do this at some time this week. Does anyone in the area have experience in doing this? might be a pint or 2 in it for you ;) cheers

Do you have the coilovers and a pair of decent Mole Grips?

I have all the rest of the tools and I'm only in conisbrough, would have to be in the morning over this next week as I am on nights though.

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
Do you have the coilovers and a pair of decent Mole Grips?

I have all the rest of the tools and I'm only in conisbrough, would have to be in the morning over this next week as I am on nights though.

I have the coilovers but I don't have any mole grips, I'll be honest with you I have literally no idea how to fit them either - mechanics isn't a strong point of mine lol. Have you fitted them before on your old non sport? If you wouldn't mind helping me though that would be awesome of you! let me know whens best for you mate

I have the coilovers but I don't have any mole grips, I'll be honest with you I have literally no idea how to fit them either - mechanics isn't a strong point of mine lol. Have you fitted them before on your old non sport? If you wouldn't mind helping me though that would be awesome of you! let me know whens best for you mate

I have mate, I also helped Kchristmas fit his rears recently

I will have a nose around for a decent set of mole grips, and if you can do the same that would be grand, I will be free Monday morning up until 1pm so if you can get some sorted before then I will be all over that :)

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
I have mate, I also helped @Kchristmas fit his rears recently

I will have a nose around for a decent set of mole grips, and if you can do the same that would be grand, I will be free Monday morning up until 1pm so if you can get some sorted before then I will be all over that :)

Il see if I can get my hands on some, are you free in the morning on Tuesday or just Monday?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
But this scores the piston rod :(

soak them in wd40 overnight, remove next day and whip them down to the local tyre fitters if the top cat won't undo with the traditional deep ring spanner and alan key.

But this scores the piston rod :(

soak them in wd40 overnight, remove next day and whip them down to the local tyre fitters if the top cat won't undo with the traditional deep ring spanner and alan key.

I only put the grips on at the highest point which means it won't have any effect unless the car is bottoming out continually

And have managed to fit 2 sets so far without scoring either

But I do see your point, I will try the spanner and Allen key first ;)