ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting guide to HID's??

S2 106 GTI
I know its been called upon loads of times - Has anyone done a fitting guide? I have just bought a HID kit for the trophy H7 but found out when fitting 'how the hell do you hold the bulb back in the headlight??!! because the holder has already got the wires in it.

The bulb has stamped on it H7 and it is a H7 kit.

please help!!!

S2 106 GTI
There aren't to versions of the H7 bulb is there???? the bottom of the hid bulb is exactly the same as the OE bulb - but there is no way of holding the hid bulb in the headlight??

AK

M240i
Nope, its the actual headlamp rather than the bulb itself, halogen headlamps weren't designed to hold HIDs...

S2 106 GTI
In the back of my headlight I hust have a hole! so you can insert the bulb and holder then twist the holder to secure the bulb in place?? but with the hid kit there is no way to hold the bulb? the holder has two slots where you put the OE bulb in to or the 'spades' from the hid bulb.

S2 106 GTI
Any other views on this? I have been searching the web to try and find pics or how people have fitted them but have found nothing!

Mercedes C320!
hey mate... When you ordered the kit, if you told them it was for a clio they should have told you that you will need a little metal apadtion bit! Basically it just fits over the hid bulb so that you can twist the bulb into place to hold it in! Like if you remember when you took your orginally bulb out you had to twist it out yer...?

225 powered mk2
Even tho my kit was 9005 bulb, i had trouble fitting mine, in the end i took the whole frontlight out and then was jus grips and screwdriver to manage to get it to fit in and twist.

S2 106 GTI
Bought it 2nd hand mate, i'm thinking i might just remove the metal clip from the standard unit and see it that works

S2 106 GTI
Well removed the metal clip and still no good! you can't get the HID bulb to fit into the metal clip - back to the drawing board!

Golf R/Leon FR
there should have been a metal clip with it to hold the bulbs in place

can you see if you can get them off the buyer?

S2 106 GTI
I have found the problem - I do need new metal clips but can also modify my old ones. Just slot the sides to pass the wires through.

Can I ask has anybody got any pics of where they have mounted or the best place to mount there ballasts.

AK

M240i
Well done in getting it sorted!

Hidb.jpg

Hidb2.jpg

I just cable tied mine anywhere lol, not the tidiest but does the job!

AK

M240i
Erm just behind the headlights!

In a mk3 tho so not sure how much room there is in a trophy!

S2 106 GTI
haven't fitted the kit yet - that is what is on the original bulb, you place the bulb in those slots the put the bulb in the headlight and twist it to hold the bulb in place. I will have to remove the metal clip and cut the side to open it slighty to pass the wires through so then I can hold the hid in the headlight.
You can buy modded ones (just the side cut out) for £14 of web