ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Koni adjustable rears on my 172, urgent advice needed.

Clio 172, M3 E46
Just had a call from the garage where my 03 172 is getting Koni adjustables fitted and my mechanic has called saying the rear top mount is different so they need the sleeve/ bush to suit the new strut, has anyone experienced this before and what do I need, the suspension was second hand and the rear came as a bare strut :S Any advice greatly received as impatient and want my car back, cheers.

dan's cast offs.
recent thread if you have a look, think they are fitted without the separate inner metal sleeve?

Clio 172, M3 E46
no worries
Fitted them today they had to pack out the slack with a washer,there is no movement that I can see but at low speed when driving it feels like the rear beam is crashing on something over harsh dips in the road, no banging when at speed????

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
There is a specific fitting kit that can be quite hard to source but Koni can give you the part number and you can get a dealer to order it. I've done it before but can't remember who from I'm afraid.

Clio 172, M3 E46
There is a specific fitting kit that can be quite hard to source but Koni can give you the part number and you can get a dealer to order it. I've done it before but can't remember who from I'm afraid.
Thanks pal will look into that, having read through countless threads on here it seems there not the easiest to get right but worth it when you do, will get them back off after work, and do some more research, thanks again.

330i. E30 Touring.
Yep, the Koni parts have a thicker inner diameter where the damper rod is thicker,

Basically, a washer, two bushes and a nut.