ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting my amp 2nite to my mk1. any tips?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
any1 got a pic of the best place 2 get the power cable through? and also where shud i run the pre-out cables? right along the side of the car under the carpet?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
for the power cable, in the passenger footwell if you look right up to the corner behind the fuse box there is a nice hole there to run the cable through, it will probably be plugged up with some sort of grommit... just pull it out.

i ran all of the cables down the passenger side underneath the plastice sill trim then underneath the carpet at the back of the passenger footwell.

its easy mate

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
^^^ wud i have to remove the sill and put it back on top of the cables or just push them up there

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
dont run you phono leads from the back of your head unit with any other cables.

you need to run the power and remote leads down one side of the car, and then the phono leads down the other side, otherwise this can distort your sound from the magnetic field given off by the power cable.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
they are like popped on on clips, just pop the bottom ones, feed the cable up, and pop back on, easy

mk1 RSi
pepsi69 said:
dont run you phono leads from the back of your head unit with any other cables.

you need to run the power and remote leads down one side of the car, and then the phono leads down the other side, otherwise this can distort your sound from the magnetic field given off by the power cable.

yep make sure you run them down different sides of car