ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting new brakes

2002 172cup
I have a 172cup and my new disc's and pads have arived today is this a easy diy job?

I am handy with a spanner and have done disc's and pads before on a few cars.

cheers Darren

Ultra Red Clio 197
I think I have a warped disc on the passenger side as when I brake the car vibrates, so im going to buy new discs asap.. I would rather fit the new ones myself to save money but I have never done it before. Can anyone explain the do's and don'ts just so I dont balls the whole thing up please....

Also I have a 2001 Clio Dynamique, so does anyone know off hand if the disc diameter would be 259mm or 238mm and Im guessing but I think its vented ones I need? if not I'll have to go and measure them tomorrow morning..

cheers ;)

I think I have a warped disc on the passenger side as when I brake the car vibrates, so im going to buy new discs asap.. I would rather fit the new ones myself to save money but I have never done it before. Can anyone explain the do's and don'ts just so I dont balls the whole thing up please....

Also I have a 2001 Clio Dynamique, so does anyone know off hand if the disc diameter would be 259mm or 238mm and Im guessing but I think its vented ones I need? if not I'll have to go and measure them tomorrow morning..

259mm (sometime refered to as 260mm) vented.

Just read the 172 guide on the forum the brakes are the same to chnage realy.