ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting new headlights MK2 PH1

Clio 1.2 mk2
Hi, I just bought some new 172 headlights and decided to fit them today a long with the fogs.
I'm having a few problems with removing the headlight. I've seen on here that some people say remove the whole front bumper where the haynes manual says just to remove the front grill. I Decided to just give the front grill a go and well the damn thing wont come off! haha.

I've managed to remove the majority of the grill but I can't get the connector under the light itself off. The manual says to use a suitable screwdriver to remove the clip. But as I can't see the clip to do this i'm not sure how to remove without breaking any of the plastic on it. Anyone know how to remove this? Also decided while I think about that I would put the fogs in. Popped the blanking plates off to find that when i try to screw the fog on there is nothing to screw into... Is there a part i'm missing or an easy way to connect.

Oh and also got HID's for the headlights, can the ballast be mounted anywhere? or is there a specific place it should go?

Thanks, Jack

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Can't really help you on the removal of the lights but the ballasts can be mounted any where.