ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting ph1 172 headlights

Mk3 dci
Hi guys, I've bought some ph1 172 lights (xenons?) and I'm looking at replacing the standard ones on my 1.2.
Couple of questions:

Because atm I have one bulb for dipped beam and high beam and the new lights are dual bulbed is there a plug and play "kit" or do I need to re-do the wiring?

And do I have to remove the bumper to fit?

I only ask cos I've seen a couple of nonsports with the dual optics and I managed to remove and refit one of the standard headlights by just removing the grill.

Thanks for the help

Josh

I can only answer one of them with confidence the light is just screwed on with 3/4 torx screws it should then pull out with a bit of a wiggle. As for the wiring I was going to do the Xenon swap on mine to complete my sport 172 replica but never found the money to buy a pair.

Nick

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
It's all plug and play mate, I'm 99% sure you have to remove the front bumper on ph1's. (You have to on ph2's).

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?240464-Clio-mk2ph1-Double-optic-(sports)-lights-conversion-guide

W
iring new Dual Optics up on your car mate.

As for the head light you have to remove the grill between the lights to remove the lights (2 screw and 2 clips) some are saying remove the whole front bumper but I must say its an absolute b*tch to do that lol...

224604_10150223579212658_622727657_8424567_5414334_n.jpg