ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting pro series, sprint, i have sparco sidemounts but no subframes?

172 turbo
fitting pro series, sprint, i have sparco sidemounts but no subframes? i asumed that you removed seats, bolt side mounts to floor then to seats but mate said i need to buy subframes aswell, due to angle of floor? was wondering can i just buy some subframes for my 172 on yb racing, there omp ones? or will i have trouble mounting the omp sub frames to the spaco side mounts please help?

Iceberg 172
I take it you have buckets which can be side mounted?

In which case, you bolt the side mounts to the floor and then you can adjust the angle of the seats with the different holes on the side mounts.

Just make sure you mount the side mounts in the right place.

Bolt them to your seats and then loosely put them in you car... sit in to find out where you want them ie... being able to operate the pedals!!!

ZX6R B1H
If your bolting them directly to the floor use a plate under the car and bolt to this extra support if they worse were to happen.

I usually weld two bars inside the car and mount the seats direclty to them via the sidemounts.

However... omp do a simple Mounting plate which bolts to the OEM seat mounting pos... you then bolt the sidemounts to this and your away.
I think they are about £170ish...

172 turbo
ok lads understand kind of just wondered how it sits straight because you know the subframes on a clio arnt parelel one if further back than the other? so just the seats and side mounts should be fine then? and also mind telling me the bolts i need ie to the floor and any idea the bolts into the seats from the side mount?

ZX6R B1H
P1020463-1.jpg

That was basically thrown in, usually i cut the OEM seat mounting points out "drill the spot welds out" and reweld in two bars.

Bolts whatever size hole you drill and make sure you use washer both sides, i think the sidemount to seat bolts are M6 or M8 im not 100% sure my cobra ones are M8 x1.25

172 turbo
ok understand mate didnt really want to wels, so am just going to sacrafice 110 on yb racing and buy 2 clio subframes then bolt my sparco side mounts to the subframes, should work correct guys?

172 turbo
also these the right ones hc/779/d and hc/779/s yb racing subframes? HC/779/D
HC/779/D

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
They 'look' right stacky, I will need to get myself some of these as well when I get my new seats! Should be nice and low with these ;)

Tav

Clio 197
Bolting to floor = not good. Should go check the proper MSA/FIA approved method. Basically weld in two metal bars between sill and exhaust tunnel onto which you can mount the side mounts.

The forces in an accident can be massive and a few bolts through a thin gauge floor won't be enough to keep you in place.