ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting rear speakers - Clio mk3

Clio 200 FF
My dynamic s only came with front speakers so i'm wanting to add some rears. I've pulled the grilles off the rear panels (3 door car) to find the wires in place but was wondering if the speakers fit from the front or do the panels have to be pulled out to fit the speakers from behind?

what make/ model speakers have peole been fitting?

Cheers

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
ave got pionner speakers in the bk of mine, i just slit the cables that were in the bk and fitted the correct fitments as the wires are fitted with caps so they can just slot in renualt speakers.

made an hours job 2mins!

Clio 200 FF
thanks - so did they fit in from the front (pull grilles out, push speakers in and fit screws)?
I don't suppose you remember the model numbers? were they a perfect fit for the pre-drilled holes?

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
i think they are 10inc speakers, ill look 2moro if i remember. i never changed the front speakers as mine were uprated anyways but i presume what you suggest would work fine robby

Clio 200 FF
well i ordered a pair of these - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=320206316031&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011 which came today so i've just been out to fit them.
The clio only has 2 mounting screws so i bent the other 2 tabs and they say in perfectly flush :)
I was going to cut the origional connectors off but thought renault might void the warranty if the wiring has been tampered with (might void electrical claims?) so i used a couple of inches from the kenwood speaker cable and fitted 2 tiny spades to the other ends which plugged into the factory speaker block.
Fitted the Alpine headunit and everything sounds great :)

hi

can you pleae tell me how you got the rear grilles off?

i can't work it out... did you take off the door panel?

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
the grilles?

they pull off!! to min nail job!!

remove the door panel! bit high maintaince just to put speakers in dont you think?

Lee

BMW M2C
Having just read this I'm glad I've asked the dealer to drop me a couple of rears in before I collect it. I just had visions of me breaking bits of trim and not getting it back on properly.

adama do you have a 3dr or 5dr mk3 clio? But either way I can't see it being much different at all.. the grille pulls out (theres a small lip at the bottom which allows you to just prise a flat screwdriver in there and pull it out).

Heres a pic of what you're left with when the grilles off if it helps at all..

Image056.jpg

I've gone for Pioneer TS-Q131C's components (designed specifically for Renaults, so no need to mess around with changing the wiring) in the front, and just some cheap 13cm sony co-axials in the back for that extra rear fill. And Robby kindly helped me out with the wiring connectors to fit into the Renault connectors already in the car. (Y)

It's a 5 door - I'll have a nother go this afternoon - it's the rear speakers I'm trying to remove- i mut sof missed the lip at the bottom - i'll have a proper go any hopefully get it sorted!

Cheers

Got the grilles off now, cheers. For connecting the speakers, did you just remove the renault connectors and wire them stright in?

White Sti Hatch
Got the grilles off now, cheers. For connecting the speakers, did you just remove the renault connectors and wire them stright in?

You can do that but take not of + n - you may also have to add a bit of cable to the lenght your left with to give you enough to play with when connecting

Hi, I used tiny spade connectors attached to the end of each wire, so I could just slot them into the original renault connectors in place in the car. 'Robby' kindly helped me out with providing them. Josh

Hello

I have also trouble with removing my rear speaker grills! I have changed my speakers in the front.
There are no lip at the buttom of the speaker grill in the rear. It feels and looks like the panel and the grill is one peace :(

Can it really be true i have to remove the door panel?

Here is 3 pictures of the grill:
36651bb61a.jpg

36653b3393.jpg

3665506122.jpg

The last picture is from the front door, where we can see the lip
3665747371.jpg

White Sti Hatch
Thin flatheaded driver on the outer edge and you should be able to pry it off just take it easy though....

What is it you mave a Mk2 Ph3 or a Mk3 ???

Now i have been out to my dealer!
And he said i have to remove the door panel :(
Now i have something to do Saturday :p

Mégane RS
How do you know which wire is + & which is -? pulled mine out today and they are purple and grey :S

Mégane RS
Cheers guess thats where i should have looked first, done the battery test on the speakers

Clio mk3 dynmique s
Hi

This is my first post and apologies for resurrecting an old thread but it was the best one \i could see. I have a 2006 clio mk3 dynamique s and am going to change the audio stuff on it. Got a head unit today-
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_770531_langId_-1_categoryId_165474

I am getting halfords to fit this next week (already paid) but they quoted me £60 for sub/amp and £40 for speakers!! I am not willing to pay this so am thinking of doing it myself, although I am only 17 amd have no clue about anything basically lol.

Apologies for the long post but first of all do you know the dimensions of the front and rear speakers on the mk3 clio? (Also do you think I should get all speakers changed?)
Measured but not sure whether the silver lining on the front speakers are included size- wise etc. When I get speakers and get the grills off the old ones, could anyone please advise me if it is difficult to wire them, and also what the process would be.

Thanks in advance,
Connor

Clio mk3 dynmique s
Ok does anyone know the size of the front and rear speakers in the clio mk3 dynamique S 2006? Think they are 16cm but not certain

BMW E34 540i
The speaker panel looks like in my one. Take screwdriver and put it in the little notch at the botom of the speaker.

Clio mk3 dynmique s
thanks lol. Rear ones are 13cm (don't have any rear speakers at the mo. Can't find a wee slot to take the front ones off though?- If anyone has any ideas (PS. its a mk4 rather than mk3 as i said above by accident )

White Sti Hatch
thanks lol. Rear ones are 13cm (don't have any rear speakers at the mo. Can't find a wee slot to take the front ones off though?- If anyone has any ideas (PS. its a mk4 rather than mk3 as i said above by accident )

There is no such thing as a Mk4 clio !