ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting slam panel. Help!

CLS, RS MEG
During the week i stripped down the front bumper and top slam panel in order to fit a new air con rad. The problem i have now; the Air con pipe shown on the picture rub's on the slam panel. It's very tight! Have i fitted the panel correctly? The bloke came today to re-gas the system and noticed it's started to wear away the pipe, and it left would cause a hole over time :S

1.gif

2.gif

ITB'd MK1
the brackets from the slam panel to the top of the rad will pull it back a bit when you tighten them up. Can see in that pic you've not put the nuts on them yet

CLS, RS MEG
The nuts were on mate throughout the week, i have taken them off today to do some messing about. Got a piece of pipe in there now to stop it rubbing :p

CLS, RS MEG
Problem solved. The slam panel slots down onto the subframe, then two bolts are nipped up to secure it. I had the panel sat too low, just pulled it up slightly and tightened the bolts :D