ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Sparco pedals...

Black Pearl Dynamique
Okay, my new pedals arrived this morning. I thought, great, i'll go take the rubbers off, drill a few holes, screw the new ones in and hey presto... i'll have some nice pedals. However, in my infinite wisdom I didn't check the setup of my car's pedals before I ordered my Sparco ones. Fitting the break and clutch pedals will be fine; underneath the rubbers is a flat metal surface I can drill into. The accelerator however, is a plastic pedal, which folds down and unclips from the metal shaft... Nothing behind it to drill into apart from the shaft.

How should I got about fitting the accelerator? I could probably still drill into the shaft, but it doesn't seem right.

Any help from people who have gotten over this problem in the past would be much appreciated.

Mark

Clio 172 Cup
i drilled into the plastic and fitted the pedal on top.lol!but i cant drill through the metal pedals! how did you fit them?

RB 182 Cup
i drilled through mine with a big power drill that plugs into the wall and some titanium drill bits

Phase 1 172, boxster
i drilled into the plastic and fitted the pedal on top.lol!but i cant drill through the metal pedals! how did you fit them?

Same. Accelerator pedal on my mk1 clips onto a shaft at one side then loops round at the bottom, just fit it to the platic cover already on it lol with the clutch and brake, same, use titanium drill bits.