ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting steering wheel controls adapter?

Clio 172 & Ford Kuga
Hey Guys,
First post here so please be gentle;)

I have just fitted an Alpine X100 to my 02' plate Clio 172 and want to get the adapter to enable the steering wheel controls to work.
Im gonna get the adapter from MT Audio on here but I need some help with fitting.
I have read that the dash needs to come off, is this right?
Im ok with anything mechanical but when it comes to electrics/ interiors etc I am a bit useless and really dont fancy taking the dash apart!

Can anyone suggest a good guide/how to to assist in the fitting of the adapter?
Or even some friendly pointers from someone who had done it themselves would be great.

Many Thanks in advance

Graham.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
thats alot of use for him/us who are still forum users,
can you not buy a connector for the renualt controls to the head unit?
simelar to the cd changers just a diff connector to go onto the existing plug for the head unit?
just at thought.

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
tenners alot to me with no job,
to many things to pay just now and not enough money for them and thats before the gearbox oil and shaft tax an insurance which i cant get till im workin again,
my tenners for just now is goin to go to the boy whos coming to weld on my circlip but my old car on ebay for spares is starting to pay of just now so maybe soon,

Evo 8 MR
I'm in the middle of doing this just now, I've been and got all the wiring from Halfords (yes they had it in stock lol).

I'm just waiting 15-20 mins as it says in the guide after disconnecting the battery, so far I've removed the A pillar covers and the silver trim aswell as a couple of screws, doesn't look like a big job tbh I reckon it'll be done in no time, seemed a bit daunting at first though the fact you have to take the dash off but so far at least it's not so bad.

Good guide btw fudge, nice clear pictures etc.

Clio 172 & Ford Kuga
I'm in the middle of doing this just now, I've been and got all the wiring from Halfords (yes they had it in stock lol).

I'm just waiting 15-20 mins as it says in the guide after disconnecting the battery, so far I've removed the A pillar covers and the silver trim aswell as a couple of screws, doesn't look like a big job tbh I reckon it'll be done in no time, seemed a bit daunting at first though the fact you have to take the dash off but so far at least it's not so bad.

Good guide btw fudge, nice clear pictures etc.

Hey There,
I I have been in touch with MT Audio on here and he said that the adapters he can supply (£33 for stalk or £80 for stalk and display) DO NOT require the dash to be removed, they are plug and play so thats what ill be going for.......
Just need to decide weather to just get the stalk or pay the extra £50 to keep the dash display as well!
Cheers.

Evo 8 MR
Well it's a doddle removing the dash so I wouldn't let that persude you any different but I'm having a slight problem I have everything connected up but the yellow plug has nothing to go into, all I have left is a little 12pin plug on one side of the block thing that comes in the pack which has two orange and one green wire coming out of it which I haven't a clue what I'm supposed to do with.

A bit vague but anyone help?

Evo 8 MR
Never mind they supplied me with the wrong adapter, apparently there are two for Sony, just glad the fitter knew what he was doing today otherwise I'd have been stuck with the wrong adapter, all sorted now anyway. :)

330 Ci
Hey There,
I I have been in touch with MT Audio on here and he said that the adapters he can supply (£33 for stalk or £80 for stalk and display) DO NOT require the dash to be removed, they are plug and play so thats what ill be going for.......
Just need to decide weather to just get the stalk or pay the extra £50 to keep the dash display as well!
Cheers.

Which did you end up going for? I'm about to get intouch with MT to see about getting hold of one of these.. :)