ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK Automotive Highsport Coilovers

Chocolate Bar™
definatly, were the best mod i did on my old 1.2, hence why i bought another set for my 172.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Rubbish imo. For the drop and looks, sure you won't fgo lower for the money. But both the highsports and konigsports are cheap and nasty.

Chocolate Bar™
I had KW V2s and imo, they were pish compared with the FKs. Also ran koni shocks and eibach sportlines which also didnt even compare. Got konigsports on at the moment and honestly cant fault them, especially for what they cost.

what did you not like about em Ali?

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

Koni shocks Mark!! Not Apex pish!!

The quality of the Konigsports was amazing, even compared to te KW's which IMO were crap.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Koni shocks Mark!! Not Apex pish!!

The quality of the Konigsports was amazing, even compared to te KW's which IMO were crap.

Really!!! Something just wasn't right with mine. They went rusty so fast...Seemed to be missin a coatin or something, and i did drench them in oil spray stuff...

The problem with the FK's is that the rear spring is too short, so it was absolutely impossible to get the cornerweights done.

The guys from IF said they were one of the worst design's he'd seen...

Don't get me wrong they were decent on track, but on the road it was almost undriveable.

I like my cars to have quite a lazy turn in, so i think this was the problem on the road. We had to have the car seriously low to get the right "Brakin" balance and then i started having issues with driveshafts.

Dunno...I'd probably opt for Bilsteins if and when i get a wee trackcar.
For 400£ i shouldn't complain.

M

mini-valver

I fitted Mark's Konigsports for him and the only issue I'd say I came across was the length of the damper which the strut top bolts to on the front. It just is'nt long enough IMO and leaves the nylock nut JUST over the last thread.

They're not going anywhere but I just feel they need to be 10mm longer. Otherwise they were spot on, damping is really adjustable and controlled.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I fitted Mark's Konigsports for him and the only issue I'd say I came across was the length of the damper which the strut top bolts to on the front. It just is'nt long enough IMO and leaves the nylock nut JUST over the last thread.

They're not going anywhere but I just feel they need to be 10mm longer. Otherwise they were spot on, damping is really adjustable and controlled.

Both FK's are only just long enough. The H&R's hav a tiny bit more. The Leda's are so weak too! We nearly shagged a set takin them off...Some idiots (No names mention'd) Did them up with a buzz gun.

M

mini-valver

We had to take the car to a garage to get the KW's impact gunned off as ABP motorsport who fitted them did them up with one. Numptys!

Schoolboy error....
Pm me who did the Leda's up ;)

ive had mine on over a year now, handle great and cant nock them for the price really imo....

i eventually got bored though and had custom springs made for the back, and stiffer helper springs on the front coilovers to take it alot lower than they would normally go....

DSC_0253.jpg

yeah like its on rails................. this was the lowest the standard FK highsports would go before i went custom....

DSC_0240.gif

Clio MK 4
do konigsports go lower than highsports or the same?

You got any other pictures of fk's at the lowest setting standard?

iv order me highsports ;) but wat do i do about the insurance has anyone told there insurance and does it make any difference to the cost of the insurance??????

Clio MK 4
u should have researched that before lol. it effects more than say alloys/exhaust etc. i never declared them on my old car but that was only a 1.2 8v corsa worth 1.5k lol

i am going to declare on my 172 when i purchase some though

u should have researched that before lol. it effects more than say alloys/exhaust etc. i never declared them on my old car but that was only a 1.2 8v corsa worth 1.5k lol

i am going to declare on my 172 when i purchase some though

lol i didnt think about it, just wanted the coilovers ill just see what they say and not tell them ive got any yet ;)

iv order me highsports ;) but wat do i do about the insurance has anyone told there insurance and does it make any difference to the cost of the insurance??????
Depends on the compnay some won't ever cover it. Others do it for cheap or free.
Its not the cost of the car which matter since they only replace with stock anyway its the risk your have to pay the extra for.
o ryt so it wont make the annual price any more?
Depends on the insurer.

We had to take the car to a garage to get the KW's impact gunned off as ABP motorsport who fitted them did them up with one. Numptys!

Schoolboy error....

Im sorry to hear that you had this problem. We always use manufacturers tightening torques on all suspension bolts and fixings. Which car was yours so that i can look back on the job card to check the tightening torques used on your car. I will look into this and hope you will use us again with the professional reputation we have.

Kind regards,

Dave Roberts
www.abpmotorsport.co.uk
dave@abpmotorsport.co.uk
01270 567177

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Schoolboy error....

Im sorry to hear that you had this problem. We always use manufacturers tightening torques on all suspension bolts and fixings. Which car was yours so that i can look back on the job card to check the tightening torques used on your car. I will look into this and hope you will use us again with the professional reputation we have.

Kind regards,

Dave Roberts
www.abpmotorsport.co.uk
dave@abpmotorsport.co.uk
01270 567177

Decent post! :)

Petrol Blue 182.

+1

Schoolboy error....

Kind regards,

Dave Roberts
www.abpmotorsport.co.uk
dave@abpmotorsport.co.uk
01270 567177

He's probably lying to be fair Dave, he likes to make stuff up to get attention, inflated sense of self you might call it. Just like his comments on my exhaust being poor quality, badly made etc etc and then later saying he's not actually seen it :rolleyes:
Chances are he was just too pathetic to get them off using a bit of elbow grease and resorted to the buzz gun, almost broke them and was looking for excuses

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i put my top mounts on with a impact wrench, but then again, its only me who removes them.

i put my top mounts on with a impact wrench, but then again, its only me who removes them.

Its only really nuts & bolts and with the right tools, anything will come undone. ;)

Is everyone using FK now? as we are KW dealers and always thought of them been of very good quality and vaue for money. I used to sell alot of the H&R kits for these but just a tad on the expensive side for fixed rate units.

Dave Roberts
www.abpmotorsport.co.uk
dave@abpmotorsport.co.uk
01270 567177

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
na, they all use FK, wishing they had LEDA ;)

how does the KW stuff stack up to the H&R in terms of price?

Is everyone using FK now? as we are KW dealers and always thought of them been of very good quality and vaue for money. I used to sell alot of the H&R kits for these but just a tad on the expensive side for fixed rate units.

FK, KW and H&R are all commonly used on here, but a poll would be the best way to find out fella. AST and LEDA also popular, but assume they cost more