ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fk coilovers any good?

They are alright, fairly cheap budget coilovers. Fairly hard ride though even though they are dampening adjustable...

I'd save a bit more and get H&R's.

Rb 182
Got em on my Mk1. Went for teh Konig sports, they are height and dampening adjustable. Seem ok to me. Worth what i paid for em anyway.

Both on car adjustablity :)

Last edited:
  lift number 1 @ btm
i had some on a g60 corrado and they seemed pretty good! the internals are koni. whats the car being used for?

Chocolate Bar™
i'd definetely buy them again. for what you pay you cant complain at all.

silverline etc. are debateable as they're almost directly in line with H&R's

SLK 350
I have Konigs on my 172, and have done for 4/5 months now, can't complain at all. I came from Koni adjustables to the Konigsports, which have similar internals.

Height adjustment is easy, dampening is easily changed, and fitting isn't too bad, although it's a 2 man job, however you'll need a full laser tracking and alignment check before you give them hell, nigh on impossible to get them right by eye, I tried using string and a plum weight, and it felt like I had a bent chassis until I got them lasered lol.

I'd certainly recommend them, no complaints, no issues and good performance. I paid £500 for them from the Rimstyle groupbuy I sorted a while back for reference.

You might want to talk to someone with an RS with Highsports, as i've never had experience of them, but personally I like to alter my dampening according to my journeys - If im on a motorway 200 mile journey i'll wind them to comfort setting, where as a 20 mile B road blast ill firm them up.

Recommended certainly.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Got the hoghsport version. Had them for nearly 4 years and best mod I made to the car before the new engine.

Ride isn't that hard.....