ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK coilovers on MK1 172

172, Westfield

Just wondered what peoples thoughts on these are? What is ride like compared to standard because I dont want anything too harsh? Has anyone gone from Eibach pros to these? Any advice would be great!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Ive had Eibach Pros and FK Coilovers on mine. I still think that the Pros are the better real world alternative. The coilovers were better on smooth roads, no doubt about that, but they didnt react so well to bumpy back roads in my experience. I found that when you were really going for it, the Eibachs had that extra bit of give that absorbed the bumps and allowed you to concentrate on the road ahead rather than reacting to the break in the road that you had just gone over.

Badinvincible now has my FKs on his car. Hes got a ph1 172 so he might have a different opinion of them.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Still on the Eibach Pros. I thought about trying out some other coilovers, but I dont think I can be bothered with the expense. These are plenty good enough for now.

I love em.

I agree, it is a bit bumpier over sh*te roads but once you get on a smooth bit of tarmac I dare you to not have a silly grin on your face.