ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK Coilovers

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Okay i've been shopping around, and i've come to the conclusion i'd like to settle on some FK's (literally).

RimStyle.com seems cheapest, anyone recommend? Views?

I don't quite know which to get out of the choice of Highsport, KonigSport or Silverline... KonigSport's are good cause they're adjustable damping but i don't want to spend more than i need to.

To add more confusion, the Spax RSX's are very competitively priced being fully adjustable, and fully stainless steel. Anyone rate them in comparison?

I need people's views on the above, experience would be a good thing too.

Thanks in advance (to anyone who bothers to reply). Help me pick a treat for myself on my 19th ;)

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Thanks Laura, do they seem well dampered or is it crashy?

Compared to springs and shocks?

Anyone anythin to say on my above comments?

RenaultSport 172.
ive got spax. 28 diffrent settings :) ...low & Comfy...not a combination you usually find!

rimstyle are top aswell mate ;)

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
ive got spax. 28 diffrent settings :) ...low & Comfy...not a combination you usually find!

rimstyle are top aswell mate ;)

Cheers mate, better than some of the other responses, which are clearly written by retards...

Konigsport or RSX then, RSX are cheaper and heard good/bad about both...

RenaultSport 172.
most people slate RSX on here mate, but i honestly think their superb.!

MUCH MUCH MUCH comfier than my gaz coilovers i had previously...

"Navy" N17 TWO
Indeed mate, but I can't fault them at all, wish they fitted the 172!
Someone looking for a set for 58mm hubs may-as-well have a decent set :)

I never thought of Cobra suspension until I couldn't get a source for FKs, and Spax were fixed-height at the rear
Couldn't of been happier with them :)

RenaultSport 172.
yeah....cany vouch for the quality of cobra coilovers but i can for their springs as i had those on my mk1...

can only vouch and say good things about spax coilovers ...

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yes, Spax are ment to be great for the money I looked into them when buying.
Fixed rear height sent me towards Cobra though

RenaultSport 172.
yeah the fixed rear height isnt something im a fan of, but some custom springs soon sorted that.

all depends if you want your car on the absolute deck or just a subtle yet stiff drop...

"Navy" N17 TWO
I needed the rear to be adjustable to make amends when my intall went into the boot etc. :)

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
they did, f*****s. spanner in the works there.

Phone call and trade discount may be in order...

fiesta 1.25
Id go for highsports mate.I have silverline x and i dont use thedamping ajuble things its just a novelty really.there alot softer than my cobra springs even on hard setting.Spax are fixed height at the back iirc

Im also in the same boat, I've been thinking of getting some Konigsports from Russ (Gasperformance) off here, but still not sure whether I will use the full functionability of the adjustable dampers...

:(

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I has highsports on my clio and was very happy with them, I didn't find them to be too stiff or crashy but I was used to G-Max springs lol

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
I'd have them set softest for everyday cause rough roads round here, then crank em up for a couple of days playing and track use etc...

But price change may force me to get highsports instead now :(

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Having run on KonigSports, I would say they are to firm for the road, very good on track. The standard springs supplied are way too firm and make the ride crashy. It jumps over bumps and can get scarey at speed. I changed mine to a Koni Full kit, which runs the same Koni adjustable shocks as the FK's and uses -30mm springs. I'm a lot happier with the ride, plenty firm enough for the road, running the shocks on soft setting. If doing a track day, theres the medium and hard set to firm things up....pretty good for £385 del. and lifetime warrany:approve:

i have a contact which has given me a price for highsports for my 1.6 for 425 delivered.pm me if you require his number.take 2 weeks to come but who cares as long as its cheaper

Clio MK 4
im saving up for coilovers aswell and been thinking of getting konigsports. Is it worth going for the silverlines?

I want mine to be quite low