ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK Highsport Coilover Kit

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
So I'm thinking of ordering some coilovers this week, to fit next week.

I have come across these, and like the look of them.

http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=12282&manufacturer=FK&category=Suspension

Can anyone comment on the quality/ride comfort/handling of them? I'm not after a track car, just something to lower the ridiculous height of the Clio at standard, looking to drop about 60-80mm, and not be a aweful ride as well! Are these adjustable both front and back as well?

Also, can anyone confirm these will definetly fit? I have a 1.2 Clio Dynamique, 03 Plate. I measured the bolt spacing and it is 58m, so all should be good?

Finally, will I need a spring compressor to fit these? I have read some places about needing to use the top part of the old spring shock assembly to fit the new coilovers? Or will these fit without needing anything from the old assembly?

Many thanks!

Firstly, they will fit, as long as you have a 16v/58mm bolt spacing. The best way to check this is to take a wheel off and measure the distance between the two bolts on the bottom of the damper. Pretty sure it will be 58mm if its a 16v model.

FK's will do the job perfectly, they are a brilliant set of Coilovers, I had a set of FK Silverline X on my 1.2 a few years ago and were outstanding. Couldn't of asked for more. They did have damping adjustment and Koni rears, however, on a 1.2 you don't really need all of that. They give a great drop as well.

Some say you do need compressors, some dont. IMO, I've always used them just incase as you will need to take them appart to get the top mounts of your current dampers.

Chris Dolan has recently bought some for his, check his thread, here

For reference to how low they go here is a picture of my 1.2, fronts could still go lower, however it rubbed at that hight due to the tyre profile. The rears were as low as possible minus the spring platforms.

SDC17783.jpg

Hope this helps.

Clio 172mk2
I had some on my 172 for 5/6 years, there not too harsh, but you will feel the big bumps, rears are adjustable too. I only took them off as one of the front dampers was leaking and then found rear top nut section rusted.