ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

flaired arches

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
:( HELP please

ive just ordered some new wheels for my 1.2 16v clio

they are 16"x 7.5" i was told these would be fine as there is loads of room in the arch for a inch bigger and the width was the same as standard clio rims.

now ive been told that clio rims are actually 6 inchs wide. not a chance is there another 1.5 inch in the arch to go wider.

DSCF1387.gif

these are the ones ive got on now.

are they really only 6 inch wide
tyre size is 185,55,15R

and if they are how easy is it to flair the arches out, or is there a innier arch that can be pushed out to give extra space.

please help me lol ive just spenk a grand on these wheels.

Chocolate Bar™
16x7.5 wont need flared arches if the offset is correct. i know that alex (hoperacing) put 15x8'' wheels on his car so its more than possible.

if you've got the wrong offset and need flared arches the backs are problematic, and the fronts are impossible with them being plastic.

Turbos.
You'll probably be fine, remember that's 1.5 inch across the whole wheel, so only half of that will stick out. If you can ask what the ET is and it is a higher number than 35 then i'm sure you will be ok.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i knew they would be ok on standard suspension but now its silly low and coveres the top of the tyre and there is no room left inside the arch.
its so confusing

this is my 1st moddified car and its doing my head in.
you got any pics of wider wheels ?

Chocolate Bar™
there should be plenty of room imo. im on coilovers with a 7'' width and mines never scrubbed, and theres plenty of room so i could easily get another 1/2'' in there.

sounds like you've bought them on the wrong offset.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
lol john if they are wrong i will break your knee caps.

so genral feeling is that 7.5s on a 1.2 16 clio lowered on apex 60mm is ok