ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flamer now has Cup Spoiler

Disastra Coupe
One more picture i had a play with late last night:

6662811881_de5510d4ee_o.jpg

Cup Spoiler added by chippen172, on Flickr

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I don't wanna put my cup spoiler on my flamer now as I feel like I'm copying. It's still waiting to be painted.

But it looks oh so right :eek:

clio 172 phase 2
Love the look of your car mate, it has the perfect stance.
I also have a Ph2 172 but in pearl black, lowered on apex springs with the standard 172 alloys and am looking at some 15mm hubcentric bimecc alloy spacers from ebay. Not sure it's the right move though, as I could do without wheel scrubbage & the thought of lengthend wheel bolts is a bit of concern.
Just wondering how your car runs with the spacers & what type you are using?:cheers:

Disastra Coupe
I'm running hubcentrics off eBay dude. The particular one's i use do use longer wheel bolts however - as i say it has the hubcentric part where the wheel sit's on the spacer, so still perfectly safe.

Imo, they're actually safer than the one's where you bolt your wheels to the aluminium spacers. I simply don't like the idea of bolting your wheels to a bit of steel which has been bonded to the ally or whatever. I'd much rather know they are bolted to the original hub whilst still having the huncentric support.

Thanks for the compliment on the car :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
looks great

can you post the EBAY link again for me- Im a clown shoe!- ( Spacers)

S

clio 172 phase 2
Theses are the exact spacers I was talking about. Also what you said makes perfect sense, so will be going with this type! :approve:

clio 172 phase 2
Just ordered 15mm for the rear, 20mm for the front. Bit worried about tyre scrubbage, but will put up with it if it's only minor. Gotta have the stance for my 172 that your car has mate.lol
Apparently the spacers are going back up to original price tommorow, as told from seller. Going to be £10 more expensive;)

Disastra Coupe
Haha, thanks buddy. I don't know about best but i certainly try to keep her tip top.

Flew through the MOT yesterday too :)

Disastra Coupe
Oh and yes, that is a chock under the back wheel on the bottom pic. Handbrake cable snapped the other day, all fixed now :rasp:

2002 Flame Red 172
Looks lovely mate. The cup spoiler and stance its sitting at make a huge difference. Wish mine was sitting like that. How low have you put it? Do the wheels rub the arches?

Disastra Coupe
No idea how much it's lowered by... I just played with the coilovers 'til it looked right. However it's on K-Tec coilovers and the rears are all the way down, front's have plenty to go.

It rub's a little under hard cornering and on bigger dip's in the road since i fitted the spacers - but it's only on the bulge in the arch lining's so it isn't anything to worry about.