ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FLASHED By a Speed Trap

Trophy Turbo :)

I have a Oragin B2 Installed,

On way home tonight i was driving about 80 in a 70 and a Gatso flashed at me, No signs from the Oragin but i was coming towards the camra on the other side of the road. Is this normal for it to flash any ways eben though i thought they could get your from the back only??

I hope i dont get a ticket

Renault Laguna Coupe

Gatsos can only get you as you travel past them. there are other cameras though - have you kept your software up to date?

Trophy Turbo :)

yes mate every week just updated friday, Defo was a Gatso. as on my way down there said GATSO blah blah didnt think on way back obviouly rely on the unit. If i do have points the things gettign took back.

If it was on the other side of the road then youll be fine. This happened to me a while back and my g/f more recently. I am sure there is a proper technical explanation as to why it happens but I did see a van parked up and a couple of guys working on the one that flashed my g/f not many days afterwards which would tend to indicate a fault.

if the gatso has white lines on both sides of the road it can get u most only have white lines on one lane but some of the gatsos have white lines on all three lanes sometimes though they just have a flash in them no film you may be lucky

Clio 197

oh dear....

well, at least you werent flashed by a dirty old woman!

I know people whove been flashed many times, and never received anything, so you might be lucky...

I also remember someone who believed that cameras could only get you from behind, only to receive a ticket after flying through a speed trap to prove it!

Remember, if they dont send NIP within two weeks of the flash, its invalid.

Where I live there are quite a number of gatsos that face towards you where lines are painted BOTH sides of the road. The b2 flashes the I know about it but its nothing to worry about indicator on every one of these.

I know Ive been snapped over the years a few times from the front and never received anything. I dont actually think they can get you from the front you know (something to do with flashing directly in your eyes or summat)... anyone ever been done from the front?? (oo-er)

Craig

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by willy 0329 on 07 November 2004
if the gatso has white lines on both sides of the road it can get u most only have white lines on one lane but some of the gatsos have white lines on all three lanes sometimes though they just have a flash in them no film you may be lucky

Nah, pub talk. Some Gatsos only have white lines on both sides of the road to stop people swerving across into oncoming traffic to avoid the camera. It STILL WILL NOT catch you if you are heading towards the camera.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Perhaps doing 70 in a 70 and not relying on the B2 to save your life should be something you ought to consider.

500bhp Scoob

the reason they flash at on-coming traffic is because they are out of film, and it basically goes into skitso (sp) mode.

I go passed an old gatso every morning, going towards it, and it always flashes me, because im usually a bit over the normal speed limit anyway.

Great seeing people slam on their anchors after it flashes lol

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 08 November 2004

If the gatso was on the other side of the road you will be fine.
^ True

My mate was flashed by one on his side of the road and it was from the front. Got the ticket a week later. My g/f also went thru one from the front ,on her side of the road, but no ticket.

If it was dark, and the Gatso flashed as you came TOWARD it, then even if they did send you a ticket (unlikely) you could always claim that its dangerous for a camera to flash as you come toward - rendering you practically blind for about 2 seconds.

7.6cc :D

There is a dodgy gatso near me.

Flashes at everything doing any speed, including people on the footpath walking past it, I think its on something. :confused: